Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was not only the paint that made these "rounders" fake. The ribbon loops, the over all quality, the lack of them in award groupings... The paint was just one red flag. Take away the paint problem and there is still plenty of red flags.

Peter

Comment

I have a fake u-boot badge with a bill of sale from Jamie. But of course that's just everyone else's opinion that it's fake and Jamie's that it's genuine. If I ignore the collective wisdom of the fora, it would be genuine, because, I give credance to Jamie's collective genius... Of course the marketplace for the badge is a collective group of one... I'm not sure I can subscribe to his circle of wisdom. Maybe there's a typo and he subscribes to the wisdom of the flora, whatdayathink, Dora?

Comment

How many collectors have we seen post thier collections here only to find that thier "guru" had been pumping them from behind for years. Why anyone would rely solely on the word of somone else who stands to make a profit from said words is beyond me. But according to him we shouldn't even take his word either. Now I am really confused.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Looks like your on your own, Pal.

Mark

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
          Now I am really confused.
          "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

I mentioned the Demjansk-Shiel in the beginning of Mr. Cross' article. Well, it turns out that that part of the educated opinion seems also be flawed...

http://www.germancombatawards.com/th...6131#post36131

Hey, at least he's consistent!
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

This is nothing new for Mr. Cross. He of the long articles explaining why his fakes are genuine. best wishes,
              jeff
              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                If we didn't piggyback man would still be discovering fire. .
                ....and we would collect these as period uniforms....
                Pieter.
                Attached Files
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

...piggybacking was and is always fun for me...
                  Pieter.
                  Attached Files
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

...But I can only agree with Jamie Cross..."a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"... You might end up with a "rounder".
                    Pieter.
                    Attached Files
                    SUUM CUIQUE ...
                    sigpic

Comment

I am glad this came to the fore. I have been around for a little while now, and I was under the impression that J Cross was fairly reputable (granted I don't spend much time looking at any dealer sites). I can only imagine how a new collector could be taken in by this brand of piracy. I think it is high time for a review of dealers practices in the public eye. I am truly astonished by the articles he has written trying to rehabilitate known and proven fake items! I don't know why it is so hard to make a living the honest way? Certainly I can see mistakes being made because everyone is human, and I have no problem with a differing opinion on originality but when the vast majority of the public believe that an item is post war, regardless of your own opinion, as a dealer it would be wiser not to sell it would it not? I would imagine all the old time collectors who know better than the internet fellows would be enough of a market for the few rounders there are out there no? If not then one has to suspect that the only market for these is to newer collectors who DON'T know. I can't imagine it would be too terrible for Mr. Cross to keep the rounder and Shield in his own collection since he is convinced of thier originality. Perhaps when he has time and money to spare he can have his own investigation done to prove thier originality? Why not stick to selling accepted items? I am sure that if a believer was looking for a rounder they could ask for one. Very telling I have to say....

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller View Post
                        How do we spell hypocrite?

Regards,
                        Mark
                        J A M I E C R O S S

Comment

Okay, I think that the point's been made here.
                          George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X