No announcement yet.

Marked vs Unmarked EK1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. The hardware set up does appear to be placed at diiferent spots, and the catch on the Zimmerman seems to be a little thicker.

Comment

Beautiful Godet! Shame about the scratch, but it's not too bad.

Steve, who cares!? Even if you have two similar or like items, they will have slightly different looks due to wear and aging. I think you'll be happy with both. Every worn EK is different. You did well and don't fall into the "gotta have marked ones" trap and you'll increase your collection faster and be just as happy with em in the end.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Ball View Post
        Beautiful Godet! Shame about the scratch, but it's not too bad.

Steve, who cares!? Even if you have two similar or like items, they will have slightly different looks due to wear and aging. I think you'll be happy with both. Every worn EK is different. You did well and don't fall into the "gotta have marked ones" trap and you'll increase your collection faster and be just as happy with em in the end.

Tim
        Good point Tim and that was the point of my original post. I have a new take on it here now also. I want to expand my collection over time and learn more as I go. What better way to learn about the Zimmerman/Godet area than to own two examples that I can compare in person. I bet when I get it it's going to look great. I'll post pictures and we'll see. Thanks for the positive spin guys.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X