This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why???

Why after all's been said and done are these still being offered for sale as originals?

A nice variant Knights Cross of the Iron Cross being the type with the rounded corners. The cross has marginal wear and tear and has a nice clear swastika with nice clear dates also. The cross is also marked 800 to the frameand also to the silver suspension loop. It comes complete with a piece of ribbon. This type of cross can be seen in Gordon Williamsons book The Iron Cross on page 337 as well as page 336 where a write up is included. There is also a picture on 338 of this type of cross being worn by a veteran. So far this manufacturer has not been identified although several theories have been put forward In very nice condition and Knights Crosses are becoming very hard to acquire and their values are being pushed out of the average collector's pocket, so if you are after one, now is the time to buy, this is an attractive price as it is not one of the known 3 main award types. GBP £ 2250.00
    Attached Files

Who's offering?

Comment

I think I can guess

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
        Why after all's been said and done are these still being offered for sale as originals?

A nice variant Knights Cross of the Iron Cross being the type with the rounded corners. The cross has marginal wear and tear and has a nice clear swastika with nice clear dates also. The cross is also marked 800 to the frameand also to the silver suspension loop. It comes complete with a piece of ribbon. This type of cross can be seen in Gordon Williamsons book The Iron Cross on page 337 as well as page 336 where a write up is included. There is also a picture on 338 of this type of cross being worn by a veteran. So far this manufacturer has not been identified although several theories have been put forward In very nice condition and Knights Crosses are becoming very hard to acquire and their values are being pushed out of the average collector's pocket, so if you are after one, now is the time to buy, this is an attractive price as it is not one of the known 3 main award types. GBP £ 2250.00

Darrell, I'm sure that you know why!!! $$$!

Same reason that they were introduced to the collector market and promulgated for several years in either book form, family stories, vet aquisitions or (best yet) ground dug.

I would ask the same question regarding S&L Knight's Crosses...hell, a major dealer just sold one (30% summer discount) for $5k.

Incredible...
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

I defended this cross type with all I had - till it became clear w/o any doubt that it is post-war. Then I changed my mind since I was wrong.

It doesn't take much to say that one was wrong - especially when it serves to save other people some money.......
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

So S&L RKs aren't considered wartime either?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
              No Steve, there are wartime and post war S&L RKs. It has been a huge controversy as to which are post war due to the dies surviving the war.

Best, Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
                I would ask the same question regarding S&L Knight's Crosses...hell, a major dealer just sold one (30% summer discount) for $5k.
                Dave,

I know it is sometimes hard for you but it would be nice to qualify the type of S&L cross that as sold.
                New members might come to the conclusion you lost your mind and consider all S&L crosses as fake.

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post

See, Dave. Happened already!!!!
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

May I ask why no one ever wants to name the source? If one is opposed to fraud, why is it "collector etiquette" to never say who is selling the fake pieces? You are only helping the fraudsters with this silence. More chance for this to sell if one doesn't speak up. I, for one, am soooo tired of this foolish standard of not naming the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
                      Darrell, I'm sure that you know why!!! $$$!

Same reason that they were introduced to the collector market and promulgated for several years in either book form, family stories, vet aquisitions or (best yet) ground dug.

Incredible...
                      Yes Dave, sad but true about the $$.

It would be different if this was the 70's or even the 80's where word of new discoveries (Either way) took time to reach the masses. But this has been hashed to death with conclusion on a number of sites. All it does is drag their own reputations down the tube

Comment

Steve, look here to find out about the S&L RK. Dietrich has done some nice work on this subject and has helped to clear some of the grey areas up.

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=99045

Comment

I see!!!

And, there I thought that folks did a bit of research....far too assuming of me.

It is unfortunate that collectors will buy, follow or believe blindly without doing a little due diligence.

Yes, my post was a bit GENERAL...sorry boys!
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                            May I ask why no one ever wants to name the source? If one is opposed to fraud, why is it "collector etiquette" to never say who is selling the fake pieces? You are only helping the fraudsters with this silence. More chance for this to sell if one doesn't speak up. I, for one, am soooo tired of this foolish standard of not naming the source.
                            I don't think that there is such a policy - at least not for me. The dealer is Jamie Cross.

What I find interesting is why this 'question' is always posted at WAF and not at another place...?
                            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post

TRUTH is the ultimate defence....

Out these crooks and when they shout 'law suit', just tell them to bring it on! I know (someone) who has been threatened no less than 6 times and he's still awaiting service..
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X