Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Für Raub und Mord

Hello guys.
    Let me hear your opinion about this piece, would it be worth 60 Eur?
    This is the best pictures I can get, sorry.

Its looks like the piece is a 3 piece construction.

Regards Thomas.
    Attached Files
    Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Attached Files
    Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Comment

Attached Files
      Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Comment

Hello Thomas,

It looks like crap to me. Wouldn't take it if someone gave it to me for free.

Regards,
        Stephen

Comment

Isn't this the EK's produced by the russians for propaganda?

Do not know wheter or not this is an original or repro of the award I am thinking about

Comment

A version of this appeared in The Iron Cross of 1939 by Williamson, said to be a russian propaganda piece. There is speculation that what was in the book may not have been what it was said to be, but that I can't comment on. Even the piece in the book would have to have some provenance to be accepted in my mind, or some sort of evidence to back it up. The piece shown here does not even looklike the one in the book. I would save my money, as I think it's a cheap copy of what was in the book. Plus it has a ribbon also? Come on.

Comment

To me, the above pictured piece, as well as the cross published in G. Williamson's book, are pure fakes. I doubt the existence of these crosses.

Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
                To me, the above pictured piece, as well as the cross published in G. Williamson's book, are pure fakes. I doubt the existence of these crosses.

Stefan
                Hi!

100% agree. Nothing more to say abou this phantasy product for making more money.

Regards
                Andreas

Comment

Is there one in the Niemann catalog Volume 2? I dont have the catalog on me but I thought I read there was one in the EK section?
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Genuine examples do exist.

I am pursuing an EKI example from a US Para's estate. It seems that this paratrooper had a 'thing' for acquiring EKs as trophies as he advanced thru Europe into Germany. His nephew said his uncle apparently kept 'score' this way after he recovered from being shot and wounded. When I first saw the estate holdings there were in excess of 60 various EKIs. A 'Fur Raub und Mord' EKI was among them.

I know that some will say this is just a story. So be it, but this example is the only one I have seen in real time in over 40 years of collecting EKs.

Just some thoughts for what it's worth.

Tony
                    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

I don't see the three piece construction here, sorry, and to quote Darrell in a recent thread, this is a "Crapolla" made piece. I don't know about the Russian Propaganda story, after all "FOR ROBBERY AND MURDER" is written in German on there, a reproduction made for German Anarchists or sth would be one explanation I could think of. No way this was an official badge.
                      60 EUR is a good price... for 10.000 of 'em on the "(s)crap market
                      Last edited by R. Schmitt; 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                        Genuine examples do exist.

I am pursuing an EKI example from a US Para's estate. It seems that this paratrooper had a 'thing' for acquiring EKs as trophies as he advanced thru Europe into Germany. His nephew said his uncle apparently kept 'score' this way after he recovered from being shot and wounded. When I first saw the estate holdings there were in excess of 60 various EKIs. A 'Fur Raub und Mord' EKI was among them.

I know that some will say this is just a story. So be it, but this example is the only one I have seen in real time in over 40 years of collecting EKs.

Just some thoughts for what it's worth.

Tony
                        Do you have any pictures?

Comment

3 poiece?

[quote=R. Schmitt;2107152]I don't see the three piece construction here, sorry, "

What makes you think they would be be if Russian produced? surely if they were just propoganda pieces they would be cheaply made?

andy

Comment

It came up earlier....
                            Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                            A version of this appeared in The Iron Cross of 1939 by Williamson, said to be a russian propaganda piece. There is speculation that .....
                            So since Russia had been mentioned, I would think that if Joe Stalin produced Propaganda Pieces against the German Wehrmacht, they would not have them manufactured in Germany....

[QUOTE=andya;2107318]
                            Originally posted by R. Schmitt View Post
                            I don't see the three piece construction here, sorry, "

What makes you think they would be be if Russian produced? surely if they were just propoganda pieces they would be cheaply made?

andy

Comment

Must agree with andya ..

In the article I read about this propaganda EK, I did not get an understanding that the EK's were of high quality. Actually I doubt them to be produced by any official firm or being of three piece construction!

If they existed I can easily believe them to be pieces produced by a single firm, or even a russian in his garage metalshop!

Whether or not this is an authentic propaganda EK pre-45 I can't say, but it is absolutely plausible (to me) that they existed.

I would not pay € 60 for it though ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X