• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button with oakleaves and swords "Godet"

Hello,

opinions about this button please.

Thanks,

Mathias

Interesting piece.. Never seen one like it ever..

Comment

Hi, Why would it be gilt/gold color?

E.

Comment

Reminds me of the fake Godet buttoned Pour le Merites that are all over the place.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob,

I have this piece a couple of years in my cupboard and I think it´s original.
          Maybe a 1957 piece?

Mathias

Comment

This style of Godet button can be found on legitimate Imperial pieces from 1920's. In itself, it is a legitimate button style.

What gets fraudulantly attached to it (be it a fake miniature 1914 PLM or 1939 oaks/swords) is another question altogether.

The button above was originally designed to hold a miniature suspended by a ring (you can see the hole halfway down its length).

I would be paying great attention to the manor in which these ol/s are soldered to the end of the button past this hole.

Marshall
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Biro; 08-01-2007, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
              This style of Godet button can be found on legitimate Imperial pieces from 1920's. In itself, it is a legitimate button style.[...]
              The button above was originally designed to hold a miniature suspended by a ring (you can see the hole halfway down its length).
              Hi!

It's absolutely right what Biro has written. It's an original Button by the manufacturer Godet. Normally there is a ring with small holes shaped like little ICs or stars and other ornaments.
              In the ring are the different ribbons of the soldiers awards (for example see pic. 1).
              I've made the picture with the lateral view brighter and now one can see clearly the two parts of the ring which were soldered together (pic. 2).
              Now it's clear that this piece is a phantasy product made out of original (Button) an faked (OL w. sw.) parts.

Regards
              Andreas

Picture 1

Picture 2

Comment

I personaly find it odd that the oaks are soldered on top of the swords instead of above them....
                Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

IMO after over 30 years of collecting absolutely crap. (Maybe) Original button with faked OLS.
                  I am shure that all minatures are looking like the original design of the OLS.
                  The "specimen" shown above looks like a fantasy item from Latavia.

Comment

Thanks Guys.......

Andreas....I don´t think that the button is a fake or phantasie production. IMO the swords are a miniature from the "Fronkämpfer Ehrenkreuz" and the owner putt the oakleaves above them, becaue he was a oakleaves holder!

All is possible, but it´s not a fake. I got it for 0,00 EURO a couple of years ago from a flea market.

Mathias

Comment

whatever......

maybe Latvia maybe wartime.........original or not, it´s only a small button with no value.
                      But interesting.....

Mathias

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X