KVK maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK maker?

How does this KVK look? Is the maker known?
    thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Don Doering; 07-20-2007, 06:26 PM.
    pseudo-expert

Reverse setup.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Don Doering; 07-20-2007, 06:27 PM.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

I would say it's a Julius Bauer & Söhne (43) KVK.

Grueni
      Regards
      Daniel

Search:
      !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
      Otto Schickle
      All early 57er pieces

Comment

Grueni is right, the setup on the reverse is mm43 Julius Bauer.

So far so good but must admit I'm not in love with the obverse. Strange color, weak details plus the edge on the left top side of the 12 o'clock arm looks very narrow. Don't know if it's the scan but looks strange.

Comment

Also, the points on the bottom arm look to be different lengths but I agree the set up looks like a '43'.

Comment

Thanks. I've fixed my scanner and updated the pics. The cross is tilted slightly.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Well, thanks but it doesn't change a lot.

Either this one was the first one out of the door Monday morning after a long night in town with some DRK sisters or something else is wrong.

On one hand I kind of like it plus I don't recall a fake with a mm43 setup but the things that Adrian and I have pointed out are for me hard to ignore, sorry.

One more thing is all that whitish stuff around the catch and hinge. Has it perhaps been resoldered?
              Last edited by nachtundnebel; 07-20-2007, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                Also, the points on the bottom arm look to be different length.
                That is also a "problem" of the 12 o'clock arms....this really looks strange.
                Not symmetric in any way.

/Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                  That is also a "problem" of the 12 o'clock arms....this really looks strange.
                  Not symmetric in any way.

/Flemming
                  Like post 25 and 26 here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=mm+43
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Nothing wrong with it Don.

These similar flaws are found on RK KVKs as well.

Comment

Thanks Darrell. I noticed when researching this one that many of these seem to be slightly out of kilter.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                        Nothing wrong with it Don.

These similar flaws are found on RK KVKs as well.
                        Maybe Hymmen could get away with this but it's a mm43 and well, never mind.

I find it however more hard to believe that this should be the the case with the RKdKVK. According to our own site it was made of silver like the RK, was handed out in the region of 300 both versions and thus had an aura of exclusivity compared to the RK even if it ranged below.

The big boss, AH, almost always presented the award in front of high ranking military and party officials.

Would AH personally present something that looks like Don's cross, naah com'on.

Comment

Originally posted by nachtundnebel View Post
                          Maybe Hymmen could get away with this but it's a mm43 and well, never mind.

I find it however more hard to believe that this should be the the case with the RKdKVK. According to our own site it was made of silver like the RK, was handed out in the region of 300 both versions and thus had an aura of exclusivity compared to the RK even if it ranged below.

The big boss, AH, almost always presented the award in front of high ranking military and party officials.

Would AH personally present something that looks like Don's cross, naah com'on.
                          And what are you talking about? The uneveness of the top arm or the flaws? I'm talking the flaws. And they were on the RK. Not as pronouced but they were there.

Comment

What I'm talking about? Show us something Darrell that proves your claim. Uneveness of the top arm or the flaws, never mind.

I have a fake RK wos and 300+ pics in the archive and no flaws there. Not even on my fake RK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X