KVK2 With Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK2 With Swords

Hello I recently received this cross as a gift. I am pretty sure it’s a good one but it can’t hurt to have second opinions as I am still inexperienced and this is my first and only kvk2. The makers mark looks like 41 to my eyes if this helps.

Many thanks for taking the time to look and hopefully help me out!

Cheers
    Rob

Comment

Comment

its a good one. these are safe for now. as the fakers really only go for big dollars. just my 2 cents

Comment

Looks good to me too, nothing that stands out. The mm41 could be, that stands for Gebruder Bender, so congrats with your first kvk.

Comment

Cheers guys!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by wh014d4394 View Post
              these are safe for now. as the fakers really only go for big dollars. just my 2 cents
              Don't you believe it. They are faking Westwall medals.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                Don't you believe it. They are faking Westwall medals.
                Agreed, KVKs are faked, take a look at this one: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=198656

Comment

Originally posted by wh014d4394 View Post
                  its a good one. these are safe for now. as the fakers really only go for big dollars. just my 2 cents
                  There are people in China working for 50 cent an hour (half a dollar). There are polish carpenters here in norway now working for 6 (six) dollars an hour. Exploit people and you can produce anything for nothing. Everything from wehrmacht socks and shoe laces to ritterkreuzes are being faked.

Peter

Comment

Yes ! Absolutly everything is being faked these days !
                    I got 324 folders sofar containing pictures of fake awards , which is a miniscule to what is probably out there .

Comment

One Red-flag for a double checking when dealing with these 'lower end' items is the 'Original' paper packet they are sometimes sold with.

It is easy to tell if by look and fell if these paper packets are 60 years old or 6 weeks old. Of course you have to get near enough to a good original first.

Photos help but it is nothing like touching the real deal.

Comment

Double post sorry

Comment

Nicholas Morigi in the UK sells copies of these, and just about every other award. The cross in question here though looks OK from what i can see.

glen

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                            Agreed, KVKs are faked, take a look at this one: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=198656
                            Hehe, missed this one earlier on.

Don't know who this should fool, my 7 year old daughter perhaps. Looks like something from a Kinder egg that you fold out after it's been taken out of the plastic box

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X