• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII info needed

I have just aquired this EKII and would like to get opinions and info on it
    Maker's mark is 24
    dimensions are 45mm x 45mm.
    I picked it up to from a widow of a Canadian vetern who served with the SD&G(Stormont, Dundas, and Glengary Highlanders)
    A cpl questions are:
    1. What is it worth?
    2. Should I clean it?
    3. Maker?
    4. If I were to want to sell it where and how would I go about it?
    Here are a cpl scans of the cross. I have tried scanning it and taking pics from different angles to show the swastika and dates but without much success.

Last edited by pzrwest; 07-01-2007, 10:37 AM.

Well i`ll go first...
    As far as value anywhere between ******163;40 and ******163;60 for any decent EKII . Maybe a little more for minty pieces. With regards to cleaning , personally i would not but it is a matter of opinion. Some prefer the been there worn look. If you did decide to sell it , you probably know wh have an excellent sale section , where better....
    Maker 24 is Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer
    Plaket-ten-hersteller .

Hope this helps....Mark

Comment

Stomper has said it all.

I wouldn't clean it - it doesn't "need " it, personally I don't clean any medals badges - occasionally some protective work such as on zincers.

Comment

Your cross is a 24 know as a wide frame because they have a wider outer rim on the frame. Don't really do much cleaning to it, it looks ok from the pictures. This is a fairly common maker. If it's marked on the ring it may bring more but I'm thinking around 100 US is a good figure to start. The estand here on this forum is a good place to start if you want to sell. I say keep it. A 24 was my first Iron Cross ever. Stomper is right on the maker, however that is pronounced!

Comment

I echo all the previous posts and discourage any cleaning or polishing. I have just one question though, is there any mark on the small ring (jump-ring)? Many '24's have a marking such as an acorn or a cross.

- Danny

Comment

I have examinded the markings on the ring and it has just a 24 no other markings that I can see. I do notice that the black finish to the cross is dead flat no shine to it. On some crosses I have seen what appears to be a semi-gloss finish

Comment

NO on cleaning question

Hello,

IMHO A big NO on the cleaning question.

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

This cross has been sold to a forum member

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X