No announcement yet.

KC Group to Fritz Runge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fritz Runge never received the CCC in Silver.

Thats a fact!

Comment

This thread further confirms my doubts about accepting a dealers word regarding provenance of Third Reich medals.
      Les

Comment

Originally posted by Les50 View Post
        This thread further confirms my doubts about accepting a dealers word regarding provenance of Third Reich medals.
        Les

If it did not came from the owner personaly, it would be ever a miracle.

As example: Some years ago someone offers me Kurt Schwerdts original award for offer... "Kurt was a friend of mine" where his words.

The person had readed somewhere in the www, that I search any further details of Kurt Schwerdt and thought: "OK I sell him a EK I with a cool story behind it"...

Kurt Schwerdt was very amazed about this...

If you dont pay much attention, some as***** would **** you of!

Ralf

Comment

Originally posted by Les50 View Post
          Les
          It's the saddest thing that as we progress further from the war years and technological advancements mean we can copy, paste, age, photoshop, etc,... that ANY provenance is now quite justifiably treated with the utmost scepticism.

This thread further confirms my doubts about accepting ANYONES word regarding provenance of Third Reich medals, unless you can take your recipients cross - and his original photo - and do a comaparison like this with it.....

Original Photo and cross belong to a very lucky Tim Calvert...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Biro; 10-07-2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

RK witht photo evidence
            That`s rare !!!

DeMil

Comment

I have to defend Detlev Niemann in this case, because his source was an old, great collector with lots of contacts to the KC-veterans world, and there was no reason for DN to suspect that the grouping was put together. All parts were original and there was even a document with Runge´s close combat days. A good source we all thought... Today we know better. Groupings are put together round a document or war time photo. As long as all parts are originals, it´s impossible to tell – unless a guy like Casey76 turns up and unveils it all!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X