Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streptile View Post
    The link is above in post 3.
    Can anyone say whether Runge earned the Silver CCC?
    oops,back to the drawing board.

Comment

I've just read this thread now too. Amazing grouping! Curious how much it cost but I don't expect it to be posted up here. PM me anybody if you know.

Comment

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA996

If he sold this with guaranty of authenticity, there must be papers from the familiy of each piece! If not!

Comment

That grouping was in my collection some years ago. It´s excellent! Congratulations!

Comment

it was in your collection too, ludwig???
            I´m wondering more an more... How I explained the widow of Fritz Runge is still alive and I vistit her some days ago. Full of proud she showed me the group of her husband Fritz Runge. There is a nice KC in a nice case and other badges but that is not the KC what is shown here.....

Comment

You are kidding, right? Not that I am too surprised, but what the... And you are sure the KC that his widow had was OK?

Comment

I´m sure that the kc is original and all other badges are also original.
                I try for many years to buy the fritz runge grouping but the widow does not sell.
                I can offer more than the value of this grouping is but no way....The grouping should be in family ownership. There is no way to buy this grouping.
                So I´m wondering about this runge grouping what was showed here???

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                You are kidding, right? Not that I am too surprised, but what the... And you are sure the KC that his widow had was OK?

Comment

Isn't that funny?
                  I would think that someone sold the group to Niemann under a false pretext. I don't think that Niemann goes through the hazzle to put a complete group together.

Just goes to show that provenance can be and is occasionally a very thin piece of ice. Facts are thicker!
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                    Isn't that funny?
                    I would think that someone sold the group to Niemann under a false pretext. I don't think that Niemann goes through the hazzle to put a complete group together.

Just goes to show that provenance can be and is occasionally a very thin piece of ice. Facts are thicker!
                    That´s correct! I happened to be in Niemann´s office the same day it arrived and I dare to say he hasn´t "completed" it. The grouping has been completed with a photo of Runge, by the collector who bought it from me, but that´s all.

Comment

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
                      I try for many years to buy the fritz runge grouping but the widow does not sell. I can offer more than the value of this grouping is but no way....
                      Perhaps it is time to leave the woman in peace, then.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

There is really nothing more than the medals. The signed photo is postwar and could have been picked up anywhere, the service records are copies.
                        Its a nice group but papers dont proof anything. Especially since the medals stills seems to remain at the Runge family.

Or what do you think guys.

Comment

1 fake group and 1 original group?

Comment

The only "funny" thing in this story is, that the price wasn´t higher than for an anonymous grouping. I can´t see the point in faking history, when the awards and documents are original? Idiots destroying their own history (I´m certain it was set up in Germany).

Comment

Maybe detlev realized that the group was put together and sold it as just a group of medals.

Comment

I´m afraid not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X