Latest Relic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Relic

This one's from Germany; naturally denazified by the elements!
    Attached Files

Hello,

A great item! Had the swastika and date not fully been removed then this would have been one of the neatest EK_2's ever.

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

How does nature 'discriminate'?
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

I just figured that, wherever this cross has been, the conditions led to the rusting off of the swastika and date. After your comment, and now that I look closer, I think it may have been denazified and THEN lost. That's strange... Ausgang

Comment

you sure it's not a variant '1813'?
          regards
          jon

Comment

I love these relic threads, especially when they get a bit sarcastic! Anyway, its a standard issue TR EK2 that'd been resting peacefully somewhere until some fanatic brought it back into the daylight. I have a few relics that rival this one for rust but on those the frame has separated. Cool thing about this one is that the iron is actually rusted through in a spot or two but the frames are tight as a the day it was awarded. I like to try and get the story behind the relics I buy but sometimes people don't wanna discuss it or the language barrier is too much. A punk rocker friend of mine lost the genuine EK2 he was wearing while outside of a club. No one's gonna believe that find is real. Anyway, relics (like me) rule! Ausgang

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X