First Pattern Spange of the EKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Pattern Spange of the EKI

I am very excited about my latest acquisition; a rare 1st Pattern Spange of the EKI. It is very rarely that you see this Spange so I thought I would like to share some pictures with you.
    This is a complete set of a screwback First Pattern Clasp to the EKI.

Maybe someone knows who the maker is of these early awards.

I would welcome any opinions on the Spange.

Thanks,
    Pascal
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Set
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Langmark for post this pictures of that great spange. I never seen a Spange like that...

Comment

Nice Spange! I don't know who the maker was, but here's a pinback version of the same one.

George

Comment

Pascal,

That's a really nice Spange... I have only seen on reference books and yours looks really like the real deal. May I ask you where did you buy it? It must have been quite expensive, I suppose...

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Very nice Pascal. Both times I have had this type, the larger disc was missing, only the small screwplate there.
              Very hard to find one complete like this. Congratulations!

Comment

VERY,VERY NICE AND DESIDERABLE PIECE!!

iVAN

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Very nice indeed!
                  I allways wanted one of these, but who doesn`t?

Mads

Comment

I recently sold a cased one, marked L21 on the screwback, that came from an original group of awards of an (unnamed) Luftwaffe major.

T.

Comment

Oh you lucky man! I have been looking for one like this for YEARS! How beautiful.

Prosper Keating

Comment

There only appear to be two types of First Pattern First Class Spange ( though several of the Second Class). The type posted by Pascal can be found with screwback, or pinback as posted by George. This is the other type.

So far this type seems only to have been encountered in pinback and the only pieces I have seen with provenance to an actual winner is this type, so I suspect this type is the original actual award type. Being screwback, that type at least, of the other version, must have been private purchase.

Comment

Nice screwback!

I have one of that type too, with a pinback .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here's one, referring back to what Gordon said earlier, missing its backing plate.

And here's one from a friend's collection, a pin-back with its special 1st pattern presentation case, which is really rare.

Note that the pin differs slightly to the 'Deschler-style' pins seen on a couple of the pin-back Spange shown here, like this one:

PK
                              Last edited by Prosper Keating; 05-13-2003, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X