No announcement yet.

DKIG help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone else help Jay? Sounds like he's in a bit of a jam on this one. I can understand wanting to be 100% sure. There are two schools of thought on this, Jay. Or better put, two different preferences.

Robert

Comment

Btt

Comment

I have no problem with the lightweight Zimmerman German Cross with speckled date. it is a fine original, in my opinion.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob stupid question,how does one know its a light weight dk compared to the heavy dk with out a scale.
          And second question if you were offered this piece would you buy it.Jay

Comment

Hi Guys
            Would appreciate any other comments or info on this piece.Iwould have had no worries about it until i say the dotted 1941.Thanks again for all that have allready responded. Jay

Comment

nice textbook zimmerman. 100% good best wishes...andy

Comment

Hello

The dotted DKiGs are highly controversual. There has been much debate about these, with some saying they are a good, original wartime variant, and others that they are a post war creation, possibly using some left over war time bits. Recently, in an other place, SEM tests were carried out on one of these dotted DKs, ( if I remember correctly Bob bought the DK off Tom after he had finished with the SEM tests). Do a search for dotted DK on the forum have a read through the different threads on this subject, and make your own mind up.

I've enhanced and examined the picture of your, (or your potential) DK as best I can and I can't see any dots in the date numerals. The photos aren't the best for looking at the date. Can you get a clear, close in shot just of the date on the wreath?

For information, attached is a photo of my Zimmermann lightweight DKiG. See if you can spot the flaw around the 11 O'clock point that you mentioned. It is there.

Regards
                David
                Attached Files

Comment

Rear
                  Attached Files

Comment

Picture of the dots.

1941_dots.jpg

Comment

I am far from being an expert in Dk, but I do not want a DKiG with that type of dotted date in my collection...not with what I have seen around in this forum.

Just my 2 cents

/Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                        I am far from being an expert in Dk, but I do not want a DKiG with that type of dotted date in my collection...not with what I have seen around in this forum.

Just my 2 cents

/Flemming
                        There's an honest conviction. I stand with you. Too much controvery,
                        I'm afraid there always will be.

Robert

Comment

Jay, my sense tells me your DK is good, except for the bottom hinge
                          Last edited by DKig; 06-22-2007, 02:30 AM.

Comment

textbook DK zimmerman. very nice jay andy

Comment

If I am going to spend like 1500-2000 Euro on an award, I would want to buy an absolutely text book example.
                              I do have one (and only on) DKiG in my collection, but I would like to think that that is a text book example...and I sure like to show when ever I can...so here it is...again

Have a nice weekend

/Flemming

PS I know it is not a MM20, but MM1
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X