Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKIG help

Hi Guys
    Need so help from the experts on this item.I'm thinking of getting this DKIG and was wondering what the forum thoughts are before i decide to buy it.Thanks in advance.Jay

gold.jpg

2nd pic
    gold_1.jpg

Comment

3rd pic.

gold_2.jpg

Comment

4th pic

gold_close.jpg

Comment

5th pic

gold_mark.jpg

Comment

6th

gold_open.jpg

Comment

and the last picture.Thanks in advance Jay
              gold_side.jpg

Comment

very nice zimmermann

Comment

Any thoughts from the experts on this piece?? Thanks Jay

Comment

Jay,

I'm going to reserve my thoughts on this DK, and let others with more experience with them make comment. Am I seeing things, or is the hinge plate resting in a mortise? Maybe it's just the shadows in the photo. I'm used to seeing the hinge plate soldered on top of the backplate. I've only owned one Zimmermann DK, and it's plate rested on the plate, not into a mortise. I think it's just a shadow.

Robert

Comment

Robert ,i dont have it in hand,on pictures but if my memory is correct its resting in and not on top.Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jay V. View Post
                        Robert ,i dont have it in hand,on pictures but if my memory is correct its resting in and not on top.Jay
                        I'm sorry, Jay, this is where I leave it to the advanced DK collector. If my memory serves me, there is a light and heavy version, so there may be a difference. I'm not the guy to rest on here. It's an area I have never had much experience in. Sorry.

Robert

Comment

On page 200 of Gordon Williamson's book on the Iron Cross he shows a Zimmermann '20' hinge plate sitting IN a recess!

Robert

Comment

Robert thanks for your honesty!! Now if i can get the advanced collectors to review this that would be great.Thanks again Jay

Comment

Jay, also a simple search under the heading 'DKiG Zimmermann' brings up pages of reference photos. I'm searching.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X