No announcement yet.

ebay rip off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, my only experience with ebay and EK's was a flase EKI screwback that i won, i saw the auction late and the asked for pics arrived 3 days after the bid was over and it was a bonafide fake, not seen such matt gloss an a medal before lol

suffice to say i refused to pay and ebay, surprisingly backed me up

jonathan

Comment

High prices

Well,

the prices one pays for items through reputable dealers at times makes one wonder whether the items are personality ones!!! Tipo Hitler's Iron Cross or something. but then, as most said - if the buyer is happy... why not?

here in Malta, we obviously have a limited market - there is only one militaria dealer, and a few hundred enthusiasts - that makes price go up - i buy firearms - WWii/WWi german - and prices are often 1.5 times what they are in Europe mainland. Having said that, our fireams law permits us to keep fully functional weapons, rather than deactivated ones, and a collector can get a shooter's licence as well and go play with a hundred year old Mauser C96 (if it still works that is)!. Yes, we are the envy of Europe with our new firearms law - we can also keep up to 10 modern (post 1946) firearms as well and up to 5000 rounds of ammunition, apart from an unlimited number of pre-46 weapons to include fully functional sub/machine guns, etc - enough to start a local civil war with!!

Anyway, morale is - when the market is limited, one expects to pay a premium price - I for one am happy to do so - first this dealer gets only top notch firearms - original parts, good quality still with their bluing on, and secondly, you get the convenience of seeing and handling them before buying - not like when you buy online. Also, although legislation is OK, it takes police up to three months to issue a permit to import - three months during which the dealer (overseas) would have got paid and would be simply waiting for us to give the go-ahead to ship!!!

that's enough - i reply very little to threads - but when i do, i write in length.

regards from sunny malta

mantoine

Comment

malta

my dad has a villa in gozo nr. malta im going end off the year

thanks to all the peaple who have give me there opinion cheers

i have a good home for un wanted eks

Comment

My opinion is that most people who start collecting are usually unaware of places like this site. So when they see a ww2 EK , (remembering you cant legally sell them on ebay) it will appear rare , then as far as the new collector believes , worth more than others .
          I had in excess of 15 EK`s from ebay before i came across this forum . A couple of which were WW2 , and both around £75 at a time when they were £45-50 from the WAF .
          If im not mistaken the Buy it now option disappears when bidding starts. So if you were to bid £55 and get it for that then all is fair.
          As i said , just an opinion......Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Sowersby View Post
            Price or No Price, I amazed that the Ebay police have not taken it off yet.

Eric
            I've noticed that with EKIIs and KVKIIs, you can get away with selling them on ebay just by showing pictures of the reverse side only.
            Best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
              I've noticed that with EKIIs and KVKIIs, you can get away with selling them on ebay just by showing pictures of the reverse side only.
              Best regards,
              Tom
              Sometimes you can get away with it. Then the ebay police will put you on probation. Been there, done that. Ebay Sucks!
              I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X