Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on K&Q EK 1 single piece construction

Gents,
    Opinions on this K&Q would be appreciated. It appears to be of a single piece construction. Thanks in advance. [IMG][/IMG]

Reverse[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by non too bright View Post
      Gents,
      Opinions on this K&Q would be appreciated. It appears to be of a single piece construction. Thanks in advance. [IMG][/IMG]
      Why would you say that?

Comment

I said it because quite frankly my knowledge is limited and I couldn't the "line" where the front and silver pieces were joined to the iron core.

Comment

I need to preview my posts. I meant to say I couldn't see the "line" where the front and rear silver pieces are joined together. This led me to conclude that it was of one piece construction

Comment

How would you see the seam with front and back pix? Or are there some side shots we're not seeing here?

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The cross is currently in my possession, I have had no time for pics so I used the dealers pics. I will try to get pics in the next day or two.
              Thanks,
              Todd

Comment

I guess I was looking for an opinion as to whether this particular could be of one piece construction.
                Thanks,
                Todd

Comment

Hey guys throw me bone on this one........No opinions out there????

Comment

Originally posted by non too bright View Post
                    Hey guys throw me bone on this one........No opinions out there????
                    What happened to the pictures you promised.

From those pics it looks fine to me.

Comment

Sorry about the pics, getting my BSN and two sick children are keeping me very busy right now. Thanks for the opinion though.

Comment

man...check there
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Indy!

Is this your own EK 1 "65"? If it's so, i've a question about that piece which is very relevant for my study about Iron Crosses by Klein&Quenzer.
                          ONLY for my privat database i took the pics of this K&Q because it's one of the most beautiful EKs i ever saw.

I noticed only later that it has a special hinge. I have pictures of over 100 Iron Crosses 1st class by this manufacturer. Not one different one has such kind of a hinge.

Now am very happy that i found the owner to ask him for informations about this special detail.
                          Are you really sure that this cross is original? For me all characteristics looks good but nevertheless I think one should make thoughts because of this special hinge.

What do you know/think Indy?

@All
                          I am pleased about each opinion to this question

Those are the pictures of the EK 1 "65" which I have got before a longer time from this forum.

Regards
                          Andreas

Front

Reverse

Keyhole Hinge

mm "65"
                          Last edited by Paratrooper; 06-06-2007, 11:24 AM.

Comment

hi Andreas

Yes, it is mine. I do believe it's an original one, but I don't have idea about its hinge. I think the worker forgot to trim the hinge. If you watch the pin through the hinge carefully, you will find its both ends were trimed with an angle. However, my example has longer and flat end pin, which shows my EK1's hinge pin is not trimed. Thus, my whole hinge didn't get trimed in the process and then was put on the EK. Sounds funny, right? That's what I think. Well....let's wait for others.

KR
                            Indy

Comment

this picture shows another side of hinge....trimed pin

kr
                              Indy
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X