My Small EKI, II Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Small EKI, II Collection

Being that I'm not primarily a medal collector, and my emphasis is on German swords, my EK collection is rather small. That being said, ever since I was a kid, probably about 12, i've had a strong fascination with them since I accidently bought my first repro Imperial EKII at that age. Just something about the way they look.

At anyrate, this is what i've amassed over the course of my collecting career. I keep my eyes open and when a smokin deal on a cross comes around, I usually pick it up.
    Attached Files

This is how they are displayed on my wall.

One day, I'd like to buy an RK and a DKIG. One day
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice collection. I like the display cases too. Try this for a display option. You have 6 crosses. Take the 4 with ribbons and put them on either side of the photo. I would put the 1914 to the far left and one of the 39's with the short ribbons next to it. Put the other two 39's with ribbons to the right of the picture with the one with the longest ribbon on the far right. You can even raise the picture a little higher. Then take the 2 1st class crosses and put them above the picture side by side. If one is a 1914 which I think it is put it on the right. Put the eagle above them roughly where it is now. This will leave a gap in the upper right and left corners. You can fill those gaps in with photos , leave it or get more EK's. You can also center everything a bit more by moving all up from the bottom a bit. Play around with it and if you like how it looks post a picture. Just a display suggestion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X