EK2 unfinished maker? & kvk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 unfinished maker? & kvk2

Hi, ive had this EK2 for many years passed down through family who brought back from the war, it seems to be an unfinished piece with no ribbon ring etc, any idea on a maker? it does have a small circle or o on the bottom on the silver base you can just make it out in the pic below (under the 1939)

the KVK2 is marked 87, picked it up a few days ago

thanks mike

kVK looks ok,
    Ek was assembled with the frame being put on upside down or vice versa the core.
    The small "o" is in fact a centralization mark for soldering the jump ring on.
    This should be at the top of the ek.

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn View Post
      kVK looks ok,
      Ek was assembled with the frame being put on upside down or vice versa the core.
      The small "o" is in fact a centralization mark for soldering the jump ring on.
      This should be at the top of the ek.
      Makes sense.

William Kramer
      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Kvk2 looks ok to me too.

Ek2, aha there you go.

Comment

thanks for that info! it was brought back with some also unfinished heer panzer collar skulls (x4) no idea on the story unfortunately but i shall try and enquire see if my grandfather was told the story about them, i believe his uncle brought them back.

is it common to find them like that but with the ribbon on as well? i just wonder if thats why it wasnt completed and put to one side before it was taken prisoner.

thanks again
          mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
            I have a rather salty '44' with the same assembly mistake, except mine also has the ring soldered on at the top. If you look at the base of the obverse of the cross, you can see the 'ring marker'. This is not visible on the reverse.
            Regards - Danny

Comment

thanks Danny, nice cross thanks for sharing

Comment

double post
                Last edited by evilmike; 05-09-2007, 04:25 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X