No announcement yet.

My first Schinkel EKII on medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant, I think yours is an early German-made cross. No Iron Crosses were awarded retroactivly for service in the SCW; that's what the German Spanish Cross in bronze, silver, gold, and gold with diamonds (with or without swords as appropriate/applicable) was for .

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott
      It's like starting something where you're told right at the beginning that you'll never know even half of what there is to know.
      Ant.

Comment

Well, if there are Spanish made ones I have to assume they were made for germans who were stationed in Spain during the post SCW period and during WW2. If this were one of these awarded to a german who had fought in the SCW but had remained or was re stationed to Spain later , then I would expect the Spanish to get thier own ribbon right. So I would suspect that this is not a Spanish made EK.

Best, Sal

Comment

Yep Sal, has to be a very early German made EK then.
          I would guess that when people talk of a possible Spanish made EK they may be thinking of the Blue Division being awarded them, after all the Spanish made their own version of the German Blue Division medal.
          Ant.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X