Which of these KVKs is more valuable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of these KVKs is more valuable?

Hi to everybody. Could anybody tell me which of these two war merit crosses would keep in a collection of TR decorations? One of them is thicker than the other, but at the same time, the other one shines more. Neither of them are maker marked. The one on the right is heavier (maybe a early war one?). Personally i find the one on the left more attractive because of the shinning and the colour of the material. The other one is darker. But as I don't know which are the parameters taken into account to value these crosses, maybe the one on the right is more valuable. Are both Tombak made? What do you think?

Opinions are welcomed!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello Bro,personally i feel that both the value for these unmarked kvk2s are similar,they do not make much difference..........unless you are comparing these two with a mint makermarked kvk2.

regards
            sim

Comment

Truthfully, I don't think there is a difference in what should be paid for these.

best
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for your comments. But, why that difference in thickness, brightness or in colour if both are made out of Tombak? Had each maker its measures and type of material for the making process? Another question. Those that doesn't come with mm who were made by?

Comment

Ricardo,

I personally believe the cross on the left is a mid-war zinc piece with a bronze plating, and the one to the right is the early-war tombak piece. If you were looking to own only one I would choose the tombak piece because I personally like the earlier types of badges because of their superior metals.
                  The late-war pieces were given a bronze 'wash' which worn quickly leaving a dull gray-colored cross.
                  All three are original crosses, and all worthy of collecting. Because of the affordability you might consider collecting all three to complement the set. You already have two out of three needed.

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert!

Comment

I always go for the shiny ones! Just something about them that attracts me more.
                      Ant.

Comment

If you have to keep one, keep the early Tombak, that's easy. But for the price of these you may as well keep both.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll keep both as they're not expensive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X