german cross in gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german cross in gold

can I get an opinion form the experts This is my first metal german cross in gold. could you tell me if you think it is an original piece? it comes from a respected dealer. with a certificate of authinticity. the left arm has a repair on it but it is reflected in the price of 1150. not to bad when they go for 2k and up now. the link to the photos is
    http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewt...=182359#182359 I will be out of town for a week on a busniss trip but will try to find internet links to see what you guys feel. also your opinion on the price vs damage. I know that some would not want to have something less then perfect in their collection but this does not overly concern me as the repair espically if contemperory does not bother much. thanks.

Deschler DKig

Michigan
    I am no expert, however I believe the maker mark #1 for Deschler & Sohn should always be on the front face of the retaining pin not the underside.

Doug

Comment

Michigan,

I agree with Doug. I never seen the makers mark 1 on the underside of the pin. Also is the pin fitting attached to the surface? Looks like it is recessed?

Jörg

Comment

Eh?

I agree...it's a new one on me.

The maker mark is in the wrong place, wrong shape, wrong size.

It's usually on Zimmermans that this anomaly crops us.

The rivets are a bit scrappy too.

Just a personal opinion of course but these details matter and I would definitely pass on this one because of that.

Comment

cross

thanks guys i was on a meeting out of town and was about to send carstain blades my credit card no. you guys saved me some coin does any one have a cross in gold for sale? thanks I may not be able to get back to you for a few days till i get back.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X