Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A literal FLOOD of EK1 and EK2

Opinions folks,

I was surfing E-(censorship)-bay and couldn't help noticing that there are now a plethora of "original" 1870 EK1s and EK2s out just this week alone.

Due to the lack of manufacturing data that we have on the 1870s, How on earth can well tell the real 1870s from the not so real. These are commanding really high prices.

As a semi-novice now I can spot the obvious, but from reading some of the threads and noting that even the German dealers can make errors what is one to do?

First, I think if you ask this in the Imperial Forum you will get a better response.
    Second, good luck finding an original 1870 EK1 on ebay. I've seen two in the last year and you could tell they were real by who was bidding and how much they were going for.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Brien,

There is a vast amount of information, on the Imperial Forums, of this site. Do a search and you will find examples of originals and plenty of fakes.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

There's also a thread on a high quality copy Prinzen EK2. Nimmergut has issued COAs for that kind, and even Niemann in the past. Niemann found over the years and accepts return for those EK2s, we all make mistakes, I think Nimmergut still issues CoAs for those from what I've heard. The thread (don't ask me where it is now...) elaborates the flaws and everything very detailed... besides, that one was very entertaining and there's a lot to learn on general procedures and do's and don'ts on the forum - do a search and enjoz the thread!
        Cheers
        Rainer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X