DKIG – Juncker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKIG – Juncker

This is a Juncker German Cross in Gold. It measures about 63.5 mm at its widest point using a plastic ruler. It weighs 59.3 grams but has lost some of its enamel in the upper and lower arms of the cross and would have weighed slightly more originally. The central rivet is larger than the four side rivet located at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o’clock. The piece is not magnetic. It appears to have been in war as shown by its condition. If an honest piece, this DKIG was awarded in April 1942 making it an early award as it was instituted in September 1941. I would appreciate your thoughts on this one. Thank You, Richard
    Attached Files

2 - Back
    Attached Files

Comment

3 – Hinge & Catch Detail
      Attached Files

Comment

4 – Juncker Maker Mark & the Center and Side Rivit
        Attached Files

Comment

5 – Wreath and Date Detail
          Attached Files

Comment

6 - Date Detail – No ribs on the top; only the bottom
            Attached Files

Comment

7 - Fire gilding is evident in the unworn areas such as here on the outside portion of the ribbon – may not show up well on this image. Thanks for taking a look.
              Attached Files

Comment

I think you are fine w/ that one. The Juncker black enamel was more fragile than the other makers and it tended to chip more easily...you often see Juncker DKiGs w/ damage like that

Comment

8 - The award document - I have eliminated the recipients name. The date of the award and the characteristics of the cross seem compatible to me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am partial to badges that have a history to them. This one has good documentation but of course there is no way to prove the cross and doc’s go together.

The first lieutenant won both the DKIG and the RK for actions in Russia. Here are the poorly translated newspaper reports on the DK and RK.

An exemplary courageous Kampaniechef.
                    For repeated special bravery with the Kumpfen at the east front the first lieutenant xxxxx xxxxxx became from Goslar, at the Siechenhof 3. Company commander into a Jagerbaillon of an infantry regiment of Lower Saxony, which lent German cross in gold.

When the Bolschewisten attacked the position of the Jagerbataillond with forty Kampwagen and motorized regiment, first lieutenant xxxxxx stood for the tanks under his hunters and fired on those the following enemy. Despite the break-through of several tanks led it and-errs the defense protection against its company. The attack was repelled by its out-moving bravery and the basis for a further German attack gesschaffen. With the winter defense fights the first lieutenant belonged to those courageous officers, whose outstanding example spurred the German Soldsten sur last devotion.

The base defended by it and its hunters formed a cornerstone of the German defense. Daily attacks of the Bolschewisten led with tanks however smashed to young first lieutenant at the bravery and its hunters. As in the Abwehrm also first lieutenant and its attack against a village fought in such a way in front line. Its inexorable xxxxxx to throw the enemy despite the zahlenmasigen superiority is controlling. Although it stost into the supply of three hostile divisions, first lieutenant Ahrens is able to take the village. By its courageous act its regiment achieved a success, which was so important, which it was in particular called in armed forces report.

Here is an excerpt and from a newspaper on the RK award:

25 March morgans. The Soviet artillery trommelt with all calibers on the positions deutchen hunters of the Bataillions. Then, at 4 o'clock, is it so far. The Bolschewisten believes no more life into the German ditch.
                    With three strengthened Battaillonen they attack. In embittered close-in engagements doe hunters, that high-hold the proud tradition of the Goslarer hunters, resist like the lions. But deep break-down succeed to the over-powerful opponent in two places.

In this critical situation organize Hauptmann XXXXX immediately the isolation of the attack. It rafft still available the reserves and some course of its asking valley ion together, waits for the arrival of the assured assault guns nich, but start immediately to the Gegenstob.

Over 300 dead ones they must leave battlefield to up that. The courageous hunters captured 27 heavy and 28 light machine guns, 34 machine pistols, 200 rifles and bring in 8 prisoners.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I like this one, especially the rivets and hinge.

William Kramer
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

nice one !

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I realized DK by C.E.Junker is somewhat rare than the others manufacturers, right?

Comment

The seller here claims that he has Wilhelm Ahrens* medals (RK, DKiG etc.):

http://www.hood.de/auction/32133552/...me-bekannt.htm

* RK recipients: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/AW...S/RKdEK_A.html
                            Last edited by OU812; 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM.

Comment

nice junker dk, much rarer than the other makers, i have a junker in silver

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X