Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek1 help

hi all
    was given this cased ek1 along with numerous other items by a vet i met by pure chance anyway after looking closely i have noticed at the bottom of the 3oclock arm what looks like a bit of rust is there anything i can do to get rid of it or is it better left alone
    thanks
    p.s any idea on maker was told souval by a member but allways nice to get other opinions
    thanks again
    stu
    Attached Files

Certainly does look like a Souval although the picture is a bit dull.
    I would just leave that spot of rust, you could ruin it trying to get rid of it & it wouldn't really work as the rust will continue under the arm anyway.
    Ant.

Comment

H Stuart,
      Yep, its a Souval. I wouldn't try to get rid of the rust, just try and make sure it doesn't get any worse, keep it away from moisture/humidity etc. The paint looks a little flaky so you could worsen the state of the cross by trying to clean it, enjoy it as it is!

Comment

thanks for the help is souval considered a good maker as i am no really up on ek`s heres a pic of it in its case
        stu
        Attached Files

Comment

Souval is my favourite EK, pretty highly regarded round these parts.
          Ant.

Comment

Any pre may 1945 EK maker is a good maker!
            Its those who made their EKs after '45 that aren't so good.
            I personally like the Souval EKs, reasonably easy to identify and I like the fact they actually made the effort to keep the beading on the corners tidy. Instead of just letting the beads merge and become a bit messy, they finished the joins off with the 'birds foot'.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X