Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK with swords Maker Marked 51

Here's a very interesting piece.
    Recently i saw a thread on a KVK I with swords & a few people said it was bad because they had never seen that maker number (NOT 51), then Robert showed his & more people said they did exist & then everyone said it was good?!
    This has already been on here & got but i didn't say it was marked 51.
    Peter Wiking said he had never seen a 51 therefore it must be a fake, i would think that if 51 was a fake number there would be quite a lot of them around.
    Bottom line is that i don't know, all i do know is that it's not a Floch
    Here goes:
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

hinge
      Attached Files

Comment

catch
        Attached Files

Comment

pin
          Attached Files

Comment

There are lots of these fakes around. 50, 51... The same faker is making iron crosses as well. Below is another fake KVK same as yours. The metal on these fakes never age. This hardware is used on all those fakes. It is junk. An illusion. Not a real pre 1945 piece.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Peter
              The thread i found in a search where you said you had never seen one must have been old.
              For me & others who are not good with KVK's can you or someone point out what makes them fakes, i'm not sure it is so easy to see, but i am still learning. Thanks, Ant.

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash View Post
                Thanks Peter
                The thread i found in a search where you said you had never seen one must have been old.
                For me & others who are not good with KVK's can you or someone point out what makes them fakes, i'm not sure it is so easy to see, but i am still learning. Thanks, Ant.
                As i said the material. A "stay bright" type of material. Original crosses was made of tombac or zink and will age with a nice and natural patina. The fakes above will not. The fakes above have lots of pitting on the surface that is not found on original crosses indicating inferior production techniques.

These are sold at Ebay again and again in varius forms. Not only KVK******180;s but also EK******180;s as i said above. Those fake EK******180;s have exactly the same hardware as these KVK fakes, one piece construction with a glossy paint on the "core".

Peter

Comment

Seen a 50 marked KVK w/o swords on the e-stand, now on hold. You say 50 & 51 are fakes, but this one has not had questions asked & the rear set up is different to my 51?
                  Ant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X