Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

The KVK's 2nd class delivered to the Präsidialkanzlei were normaly deliverd in a paper packet.

The ones privately purchased by the soldier himself came in these deep red-brown cases bearing usualy the LDO mark on the back of the box.
        Pieter.
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

KVK case

hello,

very nice KVK case you have there my friend and they absolutelt worth collecting IMHO as we will see these little cardboard pieces rise in price considerably in the comming years.

In the past a lot of collectors simply did not care for those undervalued cases but in the current collectingworld i have seen them go up in price and thats a good way IMHO => so go and search for those cases while you still can as they belong towards that precious ( or more common ) medal or award.

Cordial greetings,
          my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Thanks Stijn and Pieter,

I just love packets and boxes,any more thoughts on the RK box it's not the Soldat one if you look back along this thread you'll see i've compared the two.

Also got the dimensions for it,Dez H you out there?

Thanks guys,

Marcus

Comment

Hello,

It's been a while and I never got to the bottom of this RK outer card board carton.

Well it's not like ANY reproduction I can find AT ALL, certainly not the Soldat effort for one.

On page 285 of Gordons book The Iron Cross of 1939, there is a carton just like mine, the only difference, is the fact my Ritterkreuz Des Eisernen Kreuze is slightly lower than the one in the book. This is only a visual reference and would love to compare the two together inside and out.

The carton passes the black light test for what its worth, I'd be more dubious if it were material, but card, I think maybe not but nothing is 100%.

I'm inclined to believe it's genuine, but would love to here from the owner of the one on page 285, or see some detailed pictures of it or anyone else with one of these cartons.

What do think now it's passed the black light test, unlike any known fakes and the printed writing perfect to the example in the book.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X