Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you look after a EK?

Hi all.
    I just recently bought a EK II and I was wondering what are the best sort of conditions should you keep your EK to avoid any damage to it. Your help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by zambrotta11 View Post
    Hi all.
    I just recently bought a EK II and I was wondering what are the best sort of conditions should you keep your EK to avoid any damage to it. Your help would be appreciated.
    Keep them out of humid environments. The best place would be NOT in plastic envelopes or similar storage devices that can trap moisture. Moisture trapped under the frame can cause the core to start to rust.

If you have those glass topped display cases (or Riker Mounts), that's probably your best option.

Comment

As Darrell has already stated, don't keep your EK in any conditions that might attract moisture and also if you have to handle it, wear gloves, the white cotton archive type are best. This is to keep grease, sweat, acids from your hands off the metal which will cause the medal to deteriorate.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Just one more question. I read about using silica gel in your display case to keep moisture away from it. Do any of you do that?

Comment

My collection at the moment is a 'shoebox' collection and I do keep a few packets of silica in the containers, don't know if it does anything but all my EKs are fine!

Comment

Good man. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X