My First EK, A Love affair begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First EK, A Love affair begins

Hi Guys thought i'd just show off my first ever EKII purchased on E-stand, its maker marked 100 on the ring, its magnetic core for certain. its pretty clean (not mint) there appears to be some tarnishing on the outer frame but the black inner core is in very good condition with no flaking of the paint.

Any opinions gratefully received, im 100% sure its the real deal, just want you all to admire my shiny new (well 60 odd year old) Iron cross.

Hope the pics are sufficient.

Regards,

Stu
    Attached Files

Ekii

and the other side,,,
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, definately a W&L '100' EKII. Note the 'hump' on the top of the frame for the jump ring to be soldered to, the very distinct 1939 date of the W&L, and the 'scrunched' beading at the 2:00 position from the swasi. It looks as if there are two beads where there should be only one, two 'scrunched' together. The swasis are a little smaller than other EKII's.

Very nice original W&L.

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, congratulations. My first piece was also an EKII

Can we see some pics of it the right way up
        thanks
        Jonathan

Comment

Hi,

Additionally, the dates on the W&Ls typically ride very low in the frame, i.e. just a little bit abnove the beading.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

A good start to your EK collection! W&L is one of my favourite makers and you can pick their EKs up in very good to mint condition, they age very well, unlike the people who collect them!
            Definately an original cross as you can tell by the features pointed out by Robert.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

and yes Gary the numbers do sit very low, particularly the `1813 which practically touches the beading. i will post more pics soon.

Cheers,

Stu

Comment

1st EK

You did well.....Nice Start...Jimmy

Comment

I start my collection oo wuth an EKII
                  Mike

Comment

Nice start, my 1st purchase was an EKII marked 4 off the e-stand.
                    Could we have some face on pictures?
                    Ant.

Comment

Nice cross and indeed a good start

Best,

Comment

Nice cross Stu! My first (and only EK2 so far) was also a W&L mm 100.

Comment

Hello Stu,

A great example. A few more items and you'll have yourself a nice little collection.

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hello

A beautiful, original cross. Excellent start to your collection. Oh, welcome to the addiction, because one EK is never enough. It's always just one more, then another, and another. All you can do now is sit back and enjoy the ride.

Regards
                            David

Comment

Just to say Robert say alot from bad angel pic´s, and he may be wrong.
                              To judge ur ek please post a pic´s at 90 degress front and back side. The ek is most likely ok but i cant say any more?
                              Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X