Spange 1st Class. Opinions Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
    MRG - nice find at a good price . Can you post a picture of the clasp seated in the case please?

Tnanks.
    Scott
    Hi Scott wish i could but all my pics are scanns, no digital camera , but it does look nice sitting in its case. Have to say the interanl of the case is not as nice as the external but will do for me . I have posted images of the inside of the case in the cases and forum if you want to view .

Thanks for all of the comments guys much appreciated. Never expected to own a cased one of these, so it was a nice find. Can I stop smiling now . All the best.

Comment

150 GBP! That's a killer bargain! Somebody was very nice to you.

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

MRG - no problem. I was just curious if yours sits a bit off-center in the case, or on a bit of an angle. For some reason, most of the Mayer clasps I've seen seem to have this trait.

Scott
        Attached Files

Comment

MRG - no problem. I was just curious if yours sits a bit off-center in the case, or on a bit of an angle. For some reason, most of the Mayer clasps I've seen seem to have this trait.

Scott
          Yep, that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
            Yep, that is true.
            Now, that's the voice of experience speaking. And I thought I was the only one with this problem. What little things we learn, but how important they are.

Robert

Comment

However the slot was cut into the base cardboard, the machine that did the cut must have been slightly off center in the clockwise direction.

Comment

Yes Darrell,

The early cases with the black felt lining like my S&L KVKI has a very sloppy recess, where these Mayer spange slots are cut very precisely compatitively speaking. Some of my early badge case recesses hold fast the badge where it's even hard to get the badge free from the case without working at it.

Robert

Comment

Scott
                  Hi Scott yes mine is the same sits at an angle with a little more room for movement than normal.
                  Thanks Robert was really pleased with my find went over it with a fine tooth comb as i could not believe the price, Case inside is nowhere as near as nice as the one you have but i am more than happy with it. All the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X