X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rev.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome, Darrell! Where have you been, and how many more do you have?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
        That's awesome, Darrell! Where have you been, and how many more do you have?

Robert
        Unfortunately the only 1st Pattern Spange I have. Even though it is missing the big disk, I can't complain, I picked it up for about $150 2 years ago if I can remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
          Unfortunately the only 1st Pattern Spange I have. Even though it is missing the big disk, I can't complain, I picked it up for about $150 2 years ago if I can remember correctly.
          You would have to tell me that, after I donated my left arm for mine.

Outstanding, Darrell.

Robert

Comment

....I'm only aware of these two examples that Marshall posted, the Juncker and the 'Unknown'....Robert
            These are the three 1st pattern types that I know of - the example posted by Dietrich (see below right) is by far the most seldom encountered - but also the least attractive...
            Attached Files

Comment

Also...

Dietrichs example is quite probably a Meybauer... EK 1 Spange ... the reverse set-up is fairly unique.

This is not fact, it is speculation... but if I had to nail it to a maker it would be Meybauer purely because of the hardware.

Marshall
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Biro; 03-29-2007, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                Also...

Dietrichs example is quite probably a Meybauer... EK 1 Spange ... the reverse set-up is fairly unique.

This is not fact, it is speculation... but if I had to nail it to a maker it would be Meybauer purely because of the hardware.

Marshall
                Good work, Marshall. Upon seeing these photos I would have to go along with your idea. I had thoughts of Dietrich's spange being related to the 2nd pattern 'Unknown' maker, but not any more. I know hardware alone is sometimes not the way to identify a maker, but until something better comes along, your idea is pretty persuasive. Thank you for the editing. Very good job.

Thank you.
                Robert

Comment

Robert

Is the backing of the case velvet wood?

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo View Post
                    Robert

Is the backing of the case velvet wood?

Thanks

Jeff
                    I don't know, Jeff. And, it's not loose, and I don't want to break it free to find out. Sorry.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X