Zimmermann EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
    I have two Fritz Zimmermann EK 1s -- one with the maker mark in the center of the pin, and one with the mark near the hinge.
    George,

This rings a bell. Have we not been through this before on another thread? Do both of your crosses have the same frames, cores, hardware, just differing stamp location?

Robert

Comment

The frames, hinges, pins, and catches are definitely identical. When it comes to the cores, the finish on each piece is different, but I still think they're the same. There are no glaring differences, that's for sure. (The maker marks appear identical as well.)
      George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
        The frames, hinges, pins, and catches are definitely identical. When it comes to the cores, the finish on each piece is different, but I still think they're the same. There are no glaring differences, that's for sure. (The maker marks appear identical as well.)
        Thank you George.

Robert

Comment

Hello all,

Let me just say that everything about the badge, the box, and the case......STUNNING.

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Just out of curiosity, who's the maker of the case? Any photos under the felt?

Robert

Comment

The beading really does stand out on this one. What a great set.

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I have seen many EKI's lately on sales sites with the '6' near the top of the pin by the hinge. And they do have the little 'period' after the '6' as this piece has. What does everyone think about this placement of the maker mark near to the hinge? I believe Allan's cross is the textbook example. I'd love to see this cleared up.

Robert
                I've sold one, and still have one, both with the 6. near the top. No question to originality, only to when the mark moved from top to bottom - or vice versa!

best
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X