EK2s just in this morning......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2s just in this morning......

Just arrived this morning, four maker marked EK2s. At the top a '44' and '55' and at the bottom a '100' and '113'.
    Not too much to get excited about but after recent experiences of EKs going missing in the post, a small personal triumph I thought I would share!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

one more...
      Attached Files

Comment

Ya gotta love it when the mailman shows up with something like this! Congrats on a great group of EKs.

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Some minty fresh and some with very nice patina. Nice crosses! Sadly, I must wait a while to get more. That is unless some kind soul would like to send me some free ones?

Comment

Hello

A quartet of very nice original crosses. I have to say I'm envious of the '44' as I have been after one these for a bit. The usual thing, before I wanted one I used to see them everywhere. Now I want one, I can't find one !!

Congratulations on a great set.

Regards
            David

Comment

Must have been a great feeling getting 4 at once.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Nice group of crosses. I see a W&L botton left, and possibly a L/? on the bottom right. Very nice condition.

I was about to add a thread on my recent arrivals when I saw this thread. I just got (4) in yesterday, and (11) in today, all numbered but (4). I hope you don't mind if I add a photo of them here.???

Robert

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies so far. It was a good feeling to get a package with four EKs in. As has been pointed out, there is a nice mix of shiny mint and dark patinated examples. They came out of the blue, a fellow member posted a thread about a year ago mentioning he had some maker marked crosses that he may potentially sell. I contacted him expressing an interest and a year later I heard from him and we did a deal! Cheers Paul!!
                  Robert, go ahead my friend, its good to share satisfying days like this!

P.S. Bottom right is definately marked '113'

Comment

Ahhhh, the postmam. What a great person. He decides about your happiness by coming 1 or 2 days earlier than you expect.

Nice crosses by the way.

Regards,
                    Adolph.

Comment

Oh, '113', OK. Very nice cross, Adrian.

Well, a box came in the mail today which felt like an iron anvel was inside. No, there were just (11) EK's in it. The day before, like Adrain, a package came with (4). So here's a photo of the (15). You might think I have a serious problem collecting so many EK's, but really it's not serious. I like the package deals. Saves on shipping expenses, right, Adrian?

Robert...all marked but (4).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jeez!
                        I'm glad I got my four before they got sucked into the EK black hole somewhere in Washington State!
                        That is a serious delivery, I bet they didn't get that many delivered for award ceremonies during the war!
                        Seriously though, a very impressive addition to any EK collection, congratulations Robert!

Comment

Adrian,

This morning Weitze snuck in three marked mint EKII's. I happen to be there right after and bought them all. They're really nice with all of their frosting and burnished arms, a '4', '13' and '113'.
                          I'm hunting for '23's. Of all the crosses out there available I'd take a '23' over anything besides a '1', '2' or '6'.
                          I've got a Deschler coming for inspection by a very faithful dealer, and am looking forward to seeing which core and frame it has, etc.

Robert

Comment

Awwwwwww! Thats unfair! A sneaky update? Whats going on?

Comment

I know, it's usually at 19:00 Friday German time. I just check the sites daily to see if any mint cased EKI's ever show up. They're hard to find!

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X