No announcement yet.

EK1 on Estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was the first to say it wasn't a L/19 and he told me I was wrong. Hmm ... he MUST be the expert. Much like the guy with a Doctorate in German language engraving skills

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
      Well I was the first to say it wasn't a L/19 and he told me I was wrong. Hmm ... he MUST be the expert. Much like the guy with a Doctorate in German language engraving skills
      yep...Darrell

I saw that part. I was laughting so hard . I hope WAF has a joke forum. We can post some funny things which happend in WAF.

KR
      Indy

Comment

Indy,
        Forgive me as I completely misunderstood your post.

Chet
        Last edited by Chet Sowersby; 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM.
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

KR
          Indy

Comment

Guys,

check out this thread, Joe (rev) posted:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=208035

cobra-2001...cobra-2004...mmmhhh...

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. He also was checking out Laffayette mounts on the forum (cobra2001) and cobra 2004 has one for sale on ebay. hhhhmmmmmm.
              http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZcobra-2004QQhtZ-1
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Seems like all but a handful of his posts since joining are selling related...... kinda makes you wonder if this is just a quick attempt at making a buck and then fleeing. Red flags abound !!!

Andrew

Comment

It is the same individual.

Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

What on earth is going on here??? This person is nothing more than a salespman. Flogging off repros as originals on our forum. Cobra -2001. Cliff or whoever you are, have some guts and at the VERY least admit that you made a mistake.
                    So far, not a single word from him. Its tough enough out there to wade through the fakes. This forum is our last hope for those who seek judgement independently and have trust in what we buy.
                    Darrell, are you dreaming? Your wrong. Its original!
                    One person he can challenege but when it came to 2,3 and 4+ opinions against him.........Not a word. No, "Thanks for your opinion" or "sorry, I'll take it off pending discussion". Nothing!!!!
                    Shame on you Cobra 2001.
                    Moderators, Question. Is deception grounds for expulsion?
                    AB.
                    In memory of my Uncle,
                    Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                    2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                    Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

We are all learning and I would be the first to confess I have offered a couple of items on the e-stand that were challenged. The difference is I withdrew them immediately and flagged them as suspect. If we can't trust forum members then there is nowhere we can feel safe with this 'challenging' hobby. Deliberately misleading for profit is fraud and surely merits a ban.

Sorry for the emotional outburst but as someone who just lost a lot of money withdrawing an item that turned out bad, I resent those lacking a conscience!

best wishes to all the 'good guys' who have helped me learn
                      Tim O.

Comment

The fact that he was online here at WAF for several hours and did absolutely nothing to address this situation leads me to believe...

Comment

I have been a casual collector for many years, and was ready to quit because of all the pitfalls. Finding this forum has renewed my interest, and returned the excitement of collecting. It is wonderful to see so many who are dedicated to this hobby and give so freely of their time and vast knowledge. I spend several hours each day perusing the forum in an attempt to learn as much as I can, realizing that I still need to rely on the opinions of the experts for confirmation. I know that I should not rely on others to evaluate items before purchasing, but have mostly restricted my purchases to estand because I have a reasonable assurance that I will end up with a good item. Members like the one under dicussion can be found everywhere, but add a sour note to all the places they visit. I am very thankful to the vigilant members who take the time to keep an eye on things. I hope that the time will come when I actually know enough to also contribute to the forum.
                          Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
                            By the way, the engraving was really done carefully. The "artist" didn't even look up the right word for "doctor" in the dictionary "Divisionartz".... ->
                            Maybe the engraver had to leave the grundschule early to begin his master engravers training

But I guess Cliff (Cobra) does not understand this:

where did you make out the spelling to be what you said it is ?i dont see it and to be honest i think you made a bad call saying that .cliff

Comment

Not one, but two grammatical errors! Should be "Divisionsarzt". Any EK1 winner with any self-respect (especially an academical one being a Sturmbannfuehrer in the SS ) would have shot the engraver on the spot - or at least not take the EK1 with such stupid errors.

These fake engravers spend hours to engrave something and are too stupid to look up the correct spelling. Thank God for that!

It's a very bad fake.

Dietrich
                              <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I just want to thanks all of you who care about us BEGGINERS. Of course any one can make a mistake and put a FAKE to sale here without intention. It can be an expert or a begginer. That is why (some of the reasons), the members of this forum are for: to help each other about FAKES and share information.
                                If no one say anything about the FAKES that appear on the e stand then what? Who will help the others with less knowledge.

Thanks again.

Edgar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X