X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 on Estand

concerning the following link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=207780

No concerns of anyone from the crosses experts? For sure this cross counts to the more or less better fakes that appear with several mm, such as L/19, L/54, etc...

By the way, the engraving was really done carefully. The "artist" didn't even look up the right word for "doctor" in the dictionary

"Divisionartz".... ->

This is what I expect to see with a good "L/19."
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

Reverse.
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

Maker mark.
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

Hi,

Nice to see others also feel the E-stand cross is a bad one. Hardware is imo not pre-45, unusual wide flange and core that does not match known original L/19s.

I have to admit, whenever I see mention of SS engraving on an EK1, I instantly assume the worse - and have not been pleasantly surprised to the contrary yet!

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The cross for sale at the E-stand is a known fake! Here it is for future reference and research.

Peter
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Peter Wiking; 03-05-2007, 11:20 AM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

Let's hope the buyer that agreed to buy the EK views the threads, if there was a "buyer" at all.

Good work men!
              Mike

Comment

It is possible there was no buyer. In that case I would assume one will see it on ebay very shortly now. I for one am not at all happy with how this "Cobra" has handled this. I think this member should be looked at closely by the administration here.

Comment

The spelling error in the inscription is atrocious. A laughable fake.

Comment

Is it allowable to post a reply with the link to this thread in the for sale item post?
                    Van
                    someone did, good,,lol
                    Last edited by Van; 03-05-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                      The spelling error in the inscription is atrocious. A laughable fake.
                      Agreed. Typical error of an english speaking individual.

Comment

hmm...his sale thread needs moving to Bazaar, if he would like selling it as a repro EK1.

Indy

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                          It is possible there was no buyer. In that case I would assume one will see it on ebay very shortly now. I for one am not at all happy with how this "Cobra" has handled this. I think this member should be looked at closely by the administration here.
                          Your probably right that thier was no buyer. If their actually was a buyer, then it makes you wonder who spends that kind of money on something like that. Well, to be kind, if they knew anything about ek's, then they should have known better..Also for the seller, you can look on the Estand just a few down from yours, and you can see what a good L/19 looks like that was just sold by Mathias.
                          Last edited by ekhunter; 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Well, according to his WAF profile, he seems more interested in Mg34 parts than clearing up the bogus EK1 issue:

"Viewing Thread Mg34 Lafette Mount @ 08:26 PM"

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                              Well, according to his WAF profile, he seems more interested in Mg34 parts than clearing up the bogus EK1 issue:

"Viewing Thread Mg34 Lafette Mount @ 08:26 PM"

I looked earlier out of curiousity/boredom, and all but about 2 of his posts are in the e-stand. I hope his other offerings have been better than this one.

Not that everybody who does this is bad, but it sure seems like some people do come here just to make a buck, and don't really give a staR ssA about the militaria.

best
                              Hank
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X