Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some opinions

Hello!

I am thinking about adding a Knight`s Cross to my collection.

I have looked at many over the years, but when I am so close to buy one I would like some opinions from you out there.

Here are two KC that I have been looking at:

www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA490

www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA498

I can not find anything wrong about them.

Regards

Vidar

If I remember correctly, the first link points to an S&L, with the die flaws on the 3 and 6 aclock arms, very nice looking cross, I would go with it, it just looks a bit nicer to me.
    Van

Comment

The first link seems to be a nice A-Type S&L. I would go for that!
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Rk

I would have to agree with Van and Dietrich on this one. The S&L is a nice example, and if it was between these two for me, then that is the one I would go with.

Comment

Originally posted by ekhunter View Post
          I would have to agree with Van and Dietrich on this one. The S&L is a nice example, and if it was between these two for me, then that is the one I would go with.
          I really like the wear on the S&L swastika it brings in out more, and makes you pay attention on the center of the cross.

Comment

I like the S&L! Although I am biased!

Comment

The S&L for me please

Comment

Both are beauties.
                It just depends which "style" of cross you like the most.

But indeed, you can't go wrong with this nice S&L.

Best,

Comment

Thank you for your opinions about this two KC`s.

I also liked the KC form S&L best an I have now bought this one from emedals.

I am really looking forward to hold it. I have wanted a KC since I started in this hobby 25 years ago.

Thanks again for your help.

HL

Comment

A good choice .

I am really looking forward to hold it. I have wanted a KC since I started in this hobby 25 years ago.
                    There is no comparing feeling to it when you receive you package and open it....and you can hold that beauty in your hand.
                    I speak out of experience

Best,

Comment

The S&L is indeed the nicer one of the two crosses, but i do not think that the ribbon-loop was originally attached to the cross (since the loop is juncker-made).

Stef

Comment

hoggtannlars: I bet I will feel the same way in (hopefully less that 25 years) when I recieve my first RK :-)
                        Last edited by Jørgen E; 03-02-2007, 07:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

About the loop.

Is it the shape of the loop that makes it a Junker?
                          I have seen S&L that are stamped 800 on the loop and some that are stamped 935.
                          I tought both could be corret for this type of KC

HL

Comment

also juncker as well as other makers stamped their loops with 800. If you look at the edges of the loop you will see that they are not round (like S&L loops should be) but slightly tapered. This feature is typical for juncker loops. As soon as i can see also the stamp speaks for juncker (the numerals are "lower" and "wider" if you compare them to those from S&L).

However, i would still hold on the cross since 1) juncker crosses (as well as loops) are much more desired and 2) noone knows what the story is behind.

The only thing i wanted to point out is, that this variation is uncommon. The cross as a whole still is a stunner!

KR,

Stef

Comment

I think that the loop is indeed S&L albeit a bit more pointed than we normally see. The 'font' of the 800 is also that of S&L.

Juncker loops are found tapered or cut at a sharp angle alright but the font of the 800 is very different and actually the '0's are spaced a bit awkwardly!
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X