Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which DK in cloth to choose?

Hello guys,

I'm thinking about buying a german cross in gold (cloth version).
    I found 2 pieces on a dealer's site that are reasonable priced (IMHO).
    It are 2 different crosses. Each cross has its own beauty.
    But I would like to hear some comments from you all.
    Which one would you choose when it was up to you?
    And for which reason would you choose for this or that cross.

I hope this question doesn't sound silly to you ....

Thanks,

Nico

first cross
    Attached Files

Comment

second cross
      Attached Files

Comment

DKiGs in cloth are NOT within my colleting area, but the second one looked rather minty to me, and would be my pick

Comment

Hello Nico!

They look pretty much the same, but there is one characteristic difference: Take a look at the two red boarders around the wreath. At the first cross the outer red boarder is “hidden” underneath the wreath. At the second cross you can see both clearly.

This is of course a matter of taste, but personally I like the focus of the shiny golden wreath in picture #1 first cross (where you can see one read boarder clearly while the outer is “hidden”). To me the second cross looks more like a “Christmas ornament” COMPARED to the first cross – when we have the luxury of being picky and to choose

Comment

Thanks Marius and Jorgen for you thoughts .
            Some other comments, anyone?

Comment

Hello,

both look very well. Tell me/us please, when you decide what you are going to buy, who the dealer is.

regards
              carlos Esquiroz
              (galubaia)

Comment

I have the same feelings as Jorgen. Minty looking cross indeed

Comment

In my humble opinion the silver portions of the outer starburst on the first cross show a higher degree of workmanship and are more pleasing to the eye...the other is a bit more quickly and crudly done..but just a matter of personal taste..they are both nice...and I've always loved cloth german crosses..much more so than the metal version. I remember in the early 70's when they were 45 dollars ..regardless of black green or luft..and always snapped them up.

Comment

I personally like the second one, looks brighter and i think would hold more value in the long run. Matt

Comment

I like the age toning on the first one. The slight yellowing is subtle enough not to detract but visible enough to let you know it is a historical antique that has seen the passage of more than 60 years.

Comment

I agree with Scott, I like the small "rays" of the first cross.
                        DaveJ

Comment

Cloth DK

Hi Nico,
                          I prefer the 1st DK shown (the thin type). However, if you want to invest in a cloth DK, you should go all out and buy a KM one.

Regards,
                          Jody
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X