EK and Repro Ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK and Repro Ribbon

This EK2 has repro ribbon, unfortunately. To me, it really detracts from the cross. Can anyone venture a maker on this unmarked EK?
    PS- If anyone has some original EK2 ribbon, a little bit used looking, they want to part with, please contact me.
    Attached Files

Reproduction ribbon that came with this cross.
    Attached Files

Comment

No guesses on a maker?

Thank you,
      Tom

Comment

Hello

I'd suggest Klein und Quenzer as the maker. From the photos I wouldn't be able to say if the ribbon is a reproduction one or not, but why do you believe it to be so ?

Regards
        David

Comment

Believe münster have some ribbons for sale at:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=204619

Don't look used though, but original I guess

Comment

Thank you for the information friends. This is not my strong area of specialty. K&Q. good to know.

When I bought the EK from the antique store a few years back, it was explained that ribbon was repro. Looking at, my guess is that it is.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello

The ribbons from Dion, (Munster) are good - I bought a few of them off him.

Have you tested the ribbon under blacklight, (I know this test isn't infallible and an original ribbon which has been washed in modern detergent may glow etc). Or is it the 'orangey' colour that makes you feel it is fake ? That shade of orange is to be found on some genuine period ribbons, and is commonly referred to as a Loy ribbon. Loy was, presumably among other things, a German ribbon manufacurer and these 'orangey' ribbons are attributed to them - although there isn't, as far as I am aware, any absolute proof of this. However, the 'orangey' ribbons are encountered. Most reproduction ribbons I have seen or had tend to be more red than the genuine article, which, although not as orange as a Loy ribbon, are none the less an 'oragney' red rather than a true red as the reproductions ones are.

Regards
              David

Comment

Thank you again gentlemen for the responses. David, I did test the ribbon via black light. It passes the test, but like you said, is no guarantee. Between what the seller told me and just holding the ribbon itself, gives me the feeling that it's not original article. If it is real deal, (which I doubt) it was never issued.

Tom

Comment

Since i'm on an iron cross kick, I thought i'd post my EK display.

Notice the contrast in color of the EK ribbon I think is a repro?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SwordFish; 02-23-2007, 10:49 PM.

Comment

That is a nice display!

Personally I am on a "Crosses of the Wehrmacht" kick

Comment

Ive got a few bits of that orange ribbon and to be honest without holding it and feeling it, its not always easy to tell.
                      But I like it its different and i think its nice to have a least one bit in a collection.

Comment

Here's a revers shot of the L15.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another. My understanding is that this is non-floch.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X