X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erickn View Post
    Dave, that cross looks familiar.
    Oh yes! Thanks again for allowing me to spend time with your Cross

Here is a shot demonstrating the height of the ridges and depth of the valley areas.....

Also NOTE the depth and crispness of the pock marks!
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Be clear, what are you saying? This is a high depth to you and these ARE crisp?

Comment

In comparrison to your Cross... Nick's is a steak knife while yours would be a butter knife!!

I'm sure that all can see the difference in the strike...well maybe not all!

Granted it's not like this...but these are just words! Brian, show us your crisp, sharp strike!
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
          In comparrison to your Cross... Nick's is a steak knife while yours would be a butter knife!!

I'm sure that all can see the difference in the strike...well maybe not all!

Granted it's not like this...but these are just words! Brian, show us your crisp, sharp strike!
          You just can't control yourself can you Kane? If you can't keep on a nasty track it's not worth it to you is it? You just do your best to piss people off and wear them down with your badgering. Curmudgeon...

Comment

For those of you confused by the Kane brand of nastiness that always creeps in, Dave, whatever you want to believe is really OK with me, just end it. My cross is made in England, New Jersey, whatever the fk you want to say, OK, your opinion laced with personal vendetta is really meaningless to me and probably everyone else except your new sidekick Jenkins. So moderators, I'm asking again, control this guy.

THE THREAD IS ABOUT POCK MARKS WITHIN A RUN OF THE S&L 'B' TYPES.

Comment

Wow!!!

......slow down, go back to page ONE of this thread and the other recent thread and read! Clearly, the discussion is about the dent / pock marks in S&L RK's and how or why they soften up and disappear over time.

Several people have taken the time to photograph their Crosses and focus on the 3oc arm to show regression of the pock's clarity.

You have taken issue because of the ill-defined frame of your Cross and I suspect you are disappointed that it may have been produced much LATER than the 57's Crosses shown.

The membership can't help that.....

You were asked to show the pock/dent area of your Cross so that indeed comparrisons may be made...do it just don't talk about it!

You can't ask for discussion and then attempt to stifle it when the course it takes doesn't suit you!
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Sidekick ?

....I'm getting tired with all this.

(the insults, personal & profane abuse by PM from Brian, whilst midly amusing just leave me cold)

I wish "good luck" to all genuinely interested in the quest to understand the S&L dies, and now bow out from this particular thread.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Dave, I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out your tactics. I am getting dangerously close to providing proof for a theory that doesn't fit into what you want to be true. That's always been the process with you. When I question ask for clarification with photos you turn it into a post after post goading me and directing the discussion to me and my 'fakes'.

That's it folks, this thread does have cause to be read and questions do need to be asked because the instant conclusions might be faulty. And the conclusions don't fit with Dave's world. Hmmmm. Now if that's not enough to get photos out there I don't know what is. Maybe Dave's meter maid retirement from milwaukee is running low and the S&L cross he has had better not lose value!

I want to see if the die pressings cross maker marks. That would suggest a whole lot of maybes that Dave doesn't want out there on the table. Do we let Dave win again by bombing a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                    Dave, I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out your tactics. I am getting dangerously close to providing proof for a theory that doesn't fit into what you want to be true. That's always been the process with you. When I question ask for clarification with photos you turn it into a post after post goading me and directing the discussion to me and my 'fakes'.

That's it folks, this thread does have cause to be read and questions do need to be asked because the instant conclusions might be faulty. And the conclusions don't fit with Dave's world. Hmmmm. Now if that's not enough to get photos out there I don't know what is. Maybe Dave's meter maid retirement from milwaukee is running low and the S&L cross he has had better not lose value!

I want to see if the die pressings cross maker marks. That would suggest a whole lot of maybes that Dave doesn't want out there on the table. Do we let Dave win again by bombing a thread?
                    Thanks Brian! You have managed to sidetrack and shut down yet another thread when your items are bound to be proven as post war. Very same tactic you used w/ your other fake Cross...

Enjoy the silence
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Here's a concept: Why don't people just post pics of their S&L RKs with the dent row along with all other relevant info (maker marks, types -- i.e., '39 or '57 --, material used, like magnetic cores or not), with no personal information whatsoever? Maybe then we could actually learn something.
                      George

Comment

Exactly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
                          Thanks Brian! You have managed to sidetrack and shut down yet another thread when your items are bound to be proven as post war. Very same tactic you used w/ your other fake Cross...

Enjoy the silence
                          George, anyone would be nuts to post their items here. If they contradicted Dave's version of what is and is not wartime, they'll get their stuff annhilated like he's doing to me. Another thread, another opportunity to learn ruined by Patrolman Kane.

Comment

Okay, fcuk it then.
                            George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X