Does This EK1 Look Legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does This EK1 Look Legit?

I've had this one for quite some time. I'm not an EK collector per se, however, I do own a handful. Generally speaking, I know how to spot Flochs and fakes. Then again, i'm certainly not an advanced EK guy.

What are your thoughts on this one?

It looks like the pin/catch assembly was re-attached at some point.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Repaired looking pin assembly.
    Attached Files

Comment

You own it and these are the best pictures you can show?

Comment

Definitely tough to say from these pictures. What does the bottom catch on the reverse look like?

As Darrell said, more pix a must.

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Better pictures could help.
          But it looks like a Maybauer to me wich had a hard time.

Compare it with this (also had a hard time)

Regards,
          Luud
          Attached Files

Comment

back
            Attached Files

Comment

needle
              Attached Files

Comment

From what I see it looks like a genuine cross to me but it has been repaired and probably 'refreshed' with silver.

Comment

Here are a few more photos.

Darrell, from your comment I am inferring that you assume this cross is not mine. Interesting that you would draw such a conclusion based on my mediocre photgraphic skill. One would assume that the benefit of the doubt would be afforded to a member who has held membership for some time in good standing and who has never given cause to cast doubt and aspersions on his intentions.

For the rest of you, these are additonal photographs. Marked to mitigate the potential for un-authorized use.

Tom
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SwordFish; 02-16-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Una mas...front side.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Swordfish,

looks like a nice Paul Meybauer to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SwordFish View Post
                        Here are a few more photos.

Darrell, from your comment I am inferring that you assume this cross is not mine. Interesting that you would draw such a conclusion based on my mediocre photgraphic skill. One would assume that the benefit of the doubt would be afforded to a member who has held membership for some time in good standing and who has never given cause to cast doubt and aspersions on his intentions.

For the rest of you, these are additonal photographs. Marked to mitigate the potential for un-authorized use.

Tom
                        Tom,
                        Based on your statement that "I've had this one for some time" would make me believe that it IS yours. That is what was assumed, not otherwise.

You also stated that the catch looked replaced at one point. Yet you didn't show a picture of the catch.

I'm just telling it like it is. If you want honest opinions, you need to show good straight on shots of the obverse and reverse.

Since the additional pictures are "for the others" I will refrain from offering my opinions.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Thank you for the information gentlemen.

Darrell, there are no hard feelings. Interpretation is everything. Semantically, how your question was phrased, led me to believe at the basic level, your question was an assualt on my intentions. "You own it and these are the best pictures you can show? "

For those of you who don't know, specifically in the edged weapons community, we recently had some issues regarding the use of photographs by those who in fact were not in possession of a specified item, to potentially deceive the collecting community...in other word to commit fraud. I strongly resent any implication that I would take part in any type of deceptive nonsense. Derrel, I take from your response that was not what you were implying.

Overwhelmingly, our community is comprised of scrupulous collectors. Let's keep it that way.

Thank you again and keep it real...especially real crosses

Amen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X