EK I Screwback L/54 - my first! Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK I Screwback L/54 - my first! Opinions please

Picked this up off the e-stand, arrived just about an hour ago, it's my first ever screwback.
    It's maker marked L/54 on the rear.
    Looks like a mighty fine cross to me, had been on the E-stand for quite a long time at a price about the same as on Detlevs last update, the pictures though were not good, but because i used a bad digital camera for years i could see that it was a nice cross, was on about page 4 of the E-Stand!
    Can someone tell me what the screwback device is made of as i suppose i just expected that it would be the same material as the back of the cross but it's not.Thanks, Ant.
    Attached Files

back with screwback device
    Attached Files

Comment

back without screwback device
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the screwback device on it's own.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice and good-looking genuine cross that you have

Comment

Thanks Nico, just what i thought, pays to sometimes have a look through more than the 1st E-Stand page!

Comment

I saw the cross when first posted and indeed the pics were terrible.
              Selling fast is about using good pictures.

I also thought that the seller dropped the price different times, but that nobody seemed interested in this cross.
              But that makes it good for you, a beauty for a good price.

Comment

You have a good memory!
                The price was dropped & included free postage, so was very good for me.
                My 1st picture isn't very good either, will try & take another one later.
                Ant.

Comment

Hello

A very nice, and in my opinion, original EK. The screwdiscs I believe are made out of some form of light weight alloy which is coated in a silver colour. Exactly what the material is I don't know.

Regards
                  David

Comment

Thanks David, lightweight alloy makes sense.
                    It is such a nice EK, the longer it's here by my computer screen the more i'm falling in love with it, well it is Valentines day after all & my valentine arrived in todays post

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X