X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of medals of every manufacturer

Hello everybody,
    I have a question but i don´t know if you will be able to answer me,
    I would like to know what type(list) of medals did S*L or zimmermann,or another manufacturers.Do exist any list of this?
    I want to do collection of a manufacturer, But I cannot decide.I would like that more type of medals did.I know that S&L do a lot of medals, but for example i can´t found any german cross with marker "4", for example from zimmermann i found a lot of german cross in gold,
    anybody can help me?
    Sorry for my bad english and thank you in advance.

as i can see nobody can help me....

Comment

Hello

I don't know of any definative list of medals and awards produced by any given manufacturer. However, some of their wartime, (and earlier), catalogues exist which would give a pretty good indication of what a given manufacturer produced. Although they don't come up often, these can be found occasionally for sale. Some have been reproduced for the collector as well, (as an example I have a copy of an Assmann catalogue from the late 1930s), and again these occasional appear for sale.

As regards the question about S&L DKs, these do exist but are somewhat contraversal. It is believed that S&L manufactured the DK during WW2 but also continued producing it, unchanged, for veterans and collectors after the end of the war. As a result people tend to be very suspicous of S&L DKs. In a recent thread on this forum someone stated that S&L DKs that have the '4' stamped on them are the wartime pieces and any without this are post war. I don't know if this corect or not, or the basis for the statement, but that is what was said. Either way, from what I have seen the Zimmerman DKs are probably the most common one that you will encounter.

Whoevers medals and awards you decide to collect, good luck with it. Some of the larger manufacturers like Assmann over 1250 items in their catalogue, including buttons, buckles etc.

Regards
      David
      Last edited by DavidM; 02-14-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick answer David,i´m very grateful,i will search for some of those cataloges,And I wait to decide on a manufacturer.

best regards
        Javi

Comment

Hello,

please have a look in the "German Combat Badges of 3rd Reich" by Tucker.
          There you can find a list of them with a restriction it concers only Heeres badges.

Best Franki

Comment

Thank Franky,i´ve found the book!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X