Original Or Fake Ek2????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Or Fake Ek2????

Hello everybody,i´ve this EK2 For some time.I don´t know if is it original or fake.It´s maked in 3 pieces,The central piece moves.The ring do some type of marker but it is illegible.In the images looks like more "yellow" color than real...sorry.
    Thanks for your help!!!

looks good to me, I'm sure another member can ID the maker too
    regards
    jon

Comment

Sorry, I have to disagree, this cross looks like a '333' fake.

Comment

more opinions please?

Comment

Some people says :,"I would assure that the maker was AG Hanauer Plakettenhersteller (24)."

Comment

My first thought was fake MM 333.. But not sure :-/

Comment

Hi Javi,
              The maker mark looks nothing like a '24' to me it looks like '333' that has been mis-stamped and only the top half of the numerals are showing.
              There is also the die flaw on the bottom of the 3 o'clock arm which is common on '333' fakes as well as a few other grey areas.

Comment

lesson no.1: get more than just one opinion!
                got a real close-up of the maker mark?
                regards
                jon

Comment

To me its a fake never seen a malers mark like that before apart from a 333

Comment

Yup, 333.
                    Last edited by hankmeister; 02-18-2007, 09:26 PM.
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

how many cost this type of fake badge in the market?

Comment

how many cost this type of fake medal in the market?

Comment

I have to agree with the others. The old 333 fake again.

Peter

Comment

Ek2 "333"

Hi guys,
                            I'm just a newbie on this forum so I apologize to you all if you have, as I presume, already discussed about the "333" market EK2 but I'm extremely curious to know who first decided that this kind of crosses are fakes and why. Thanks a lot.
                            Val

Comment

Hi Val,
                              These crosses are often encountered with '333', '666' or unmarked but all display the same characteristics. There were no makers of the EK that used these numbers. If you check on the Iron Cross 2nd class page from the main menu, there is a list of manufacturers and the numbers each one used to mark their crosses and '333' or '666' doesn't appear. Therefore until such time as anyone can unquestionably prove these crosses are of wartime manufacture or some new information comes to light they have to be regarded as fake. If you are keen to learn more, simply do a search for these numbers on this forum and there will be loads of threads/posts discussing them. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X