Zimmerman DK- Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zimmerman DK- Gold

I was wondering if any members have ever seen a Zimmerman "20" DK with catch and clasp characteristics of Steinhauer & Lück.
    Robert

sorry,no.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I will be glad to give my help to Robert if he can said to us what he needs, I don't think he wants generally informations because in the beginnen of this site there is a great article about DK's written from our friend Francois.

waiting.....

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Stick by the Book?

Hi Robert,

Unless you are absolutely sure yourself and have done the research I would tend to stick away from anything that is not the normally excepted pattern as when you eventually have to part with it or pass it on you may have some difficulty.

Regarding the DK I assume you have referred to the article on the association website which is probably one of the best references around at the moment. My opinion would be to base your purchase on this and you will be better off in the long run.

Regrds
          Rob.
          Regards, Rob
          Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Ivan and Rob.
            Thank you for your responses. Ivan I read the very well done article I found on DK's here on the forum and because of that article I found myself with questions about a Zimmerman "20" marked DK that I will be looking at today.
            You see while it is a "20" marked badge the style of pin mounting and hook mounting is exactly like a Steinhauer&luck.
            My question again is, "Did Zimmerman ever make one with the Steinhauer&luck mounting style".
            Now of note is the unmarked repro badge that is on display in the article on DK's and it too is of the Steinhauer&luck style BUT has no manufacture marking.
            I agree with Rob. if it casts doubts I will have to move on, at the same time I don't want to pass on a good badge.
            Thus I turn to the forum members for guidence and thoughts.
            Again," Thank you" to those members who took the time to respond and reply to my emails and PM's, some did not.
            Kind Regards,
            Robert

Comment

20 mark

One thing you might wish to look at is the 20 mark, on originals I have seen the makers mark is as per the photo attached, in copies the numbering style is different, refer to assoc article. Let us know what the outcome is?

Rob.
              Attached Files
              Regards, Rob
              Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Robert

For what it is worth I must say I agree with Rob given that Zimmermann DKs are the most common ones available I would be reluctant to shell out for one that was different from the known originals unless I was 110% sure, as you may have difficulty if you ever try to sell it. Interestingly I was shown photos of what appeared to be fake Zimmerman recently by a dealer who had rejected it and was sending it back to the seller. It appeared to be a good copy but the hingeplate was totally differnt to standard Zimmermans and was unlike any I have seen from any of the other any other manufacturers of DKs. Is the one you are looking at a light or heavy version? Is it cased, and would it be possible to post a photo of it?

Ronnie

Comment

Pic

Picture
                  Attached Files

Comment

xx

xx
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 08:14 AM.

Comment

case

case
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

A close-up of the rivets on this DK would be great. From what I understand, the wartime S&L rivets are neat compared to their early post-war (57 time period) examples.

It's not a Zimmermann imo, no matter how you addess it. The 20 mark is bogus - whether it has been added to a genuine wartime S&L or, more likely, a post-war S&L, remains to be determined.

Does the case have the gold band/border? It doesn't look like it from what I can see. My early 57 S&L DKiG case does not have the gold band but my genuine wartime Zimmermann case does have the band.

Regards
                          Mike K
                          Regards
                          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Robert,

sorry, no chance to be an original Zimmermann's cross. apart the wrong things in reverse side, in this DK was mounted a Deschler's wreath style ( from what I can see from the little pic).

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hi Robert

I agree with Ivan and Mike there are too many things that aren't right and imo the mark is undoubtedly fake.

I also have concerns about the case as it seems that the hinge is in the middle of the case. In my case and other Zimmerman ones i've seen, and in other manufacturers cases the hinge is nearer the bottom as the base of the case is shallower than the top. Hope that makes sense. If you look at the ones in the article at the beginning of the site you'll see what i mean.

My case has a single hinge does any one have a Zimmermann case with a double hinge?

Ronnie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X