Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 unmarked. Opinions please?

Hi, guys.

I was offered this EK1 today from an Army buddy. I would kindly appreciate your opinions.

The core is magnetic, and it is in wonderful condition if real - nice frosting, and it is very well constructed. The pictures are not the greatest, and I can provide more if necessary. In person, it looks much nicer, the camera is harsh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ditch68/EK1c.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ditch68/EK1a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ditch68/EK1b.jpg

I'm a K98k collector primarially, but don't want to pass up a reasonably priced winner. And it is reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Textbook Floch !

Comment

Wow! That was fast.

Hey, no skin off my back, as it is a "take it home and check it out and make me an offer" deal.

Good to know. He picked it up in Germany in the mid 90's while stationed there.

I had a fear I would hear the "F" word!

Thanks.

Jeff

Comment

Well, this begs a question. Is there an established "market value" for a Floch EK1? I don't own an EK1 yet, and it does (though I am at pains to admit it) look quite good as a place filler.

I have lesser RC K98ks in my collection despite the lower valuation until I find a suitable matching code, etc.

I know these are flagrantly fraudulent, but what should I offer him should I want to hold onto it? He's a good friend, and doesn't really have a desire to keep it, and I want to be fair.

I have been searching older threads for info, and saw that Peter Wiking wrote a good article on these...had I not let my association membership lapse, I would not have needed to post this ( )!

Thank you very much.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Diederichs View Post
          Well, this begs a question. Is there an established "market value" for a Floch EK1? Thank you very much.

Jeff
          I wouldn't say more than $20-30 ... after all, they are repros.

Comment

Thanks, Darrell.

I'll give it back to him with a full explanation.

I suppose these were and are preatorially marketed to US servicemen stationed in Germany.

These really are good copies, and the confusion is understandable. Too bad.

I greatly appreciate the expertise offered, and of course would love to offer my K98k expertise to anyone who may benefit from it in kind. Both of our collecting circles are muddy waters, indeed, unfortunately.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Diederichs View Post
              Thanks, Darrell.

I'll give it back to him with a full explanation.

I suppose these were and are preatorially marketed to US servicemen stationed in Germany.

These really are good copies, and the confusion is understandable. Too bad.

Jeff
              Until they were identified as such, many got stung with one of these. Don't feel bad.

Comment

Well, we ended up doing a trade for some extra web gear I had, we're both happy.

A good place filler until I root out a good one.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X