EK2 Good or bad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,
    Thanks to all for the replies. Guess I'll hold onto it.
    Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin!
      Definitely hold onto this one, it still looks good to me, seems everyone agrees

Comment

Hi Ant.,
        yes, now it will go under glass with the rest of the good ones. Been a tough iron cross, it has.

Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Ek2

Hi Kevin
          I'm going out on a limb a bit but yours looks like a mm 25 I have. Im looking at the low reverse date.

Comment

Hi Rick,
            I've got a mm #25 put away, I'll have to grab it and put them together to check it out. How about a photo or two of yours, with the low reverse.
            Thanks,
            Kevin

Comment

Ant,
              I noticed your 1st comment and you were worried about the edges not being of uniform width.
              On lots of eks you can find a discrepancies in edge widths between the left side and right.Its just a particular quirk in some eks.
              If you check out some of the eks in Gordon Wiliamsons book "Iron cross of 1939",you will see some in there.
              Also the gallery of Ek,s on the iron cross pages at the wehrmacht awards information pages,contains quite a few with the discrepancy.

Nothing to do with an ek being original.
              Last edited by keifer kahn; 02-09-2007, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks Keifer, that's good to know, i am only a beginner but i've been looking at so many photo's & my own EK II's!
                I do need some reference books, so far i have been spending all my money on awards because the books are so expensive!

Comment

Hi Ant,

If you are going to collect ek,s,id put Gordons book down on the "must have" list.Copies are still around but its out of print now and the copies ive seen are starting to skyrocket in price(Bill Shea has one at $185US)

Mind you though,this forum is properly one of the best research tools to have if your library isnt up to scratch yet.

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash View Post
                    Thanks Keifer, that's good to know, i am only a beginner but i've been looking at so many photo's & my own EK II's!
                    I do need some reference books, so far i have been spending all my money on awards because the books are so expensive!
                    Hello

A lot of the reference books can be, or seem to be, expensive. But for around the cost of an EK2, (in the UK), you can get a good reference book that can save you literary thousands of pounds. When put into context they aren't expensive at all.

To quote Benjamin Franklyn:

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him.

And

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

I think that says it all.
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X