Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Good or bad ?

Hi Guys,
    I picked this up at the local Antique mart, first question is it good? I liked the front, but I did not like the way the 1813 laid so low in the frame on the back, I paid short money for it $22.00, so if it's bad it won't hurt my feelings.
    Regards,
    Kevin

back with 1813 low in frame.

Comment

hi guys,
      come on time to anti-up, someone take a stab at it, so I know whether to put it in the for trade or crap box,
      Regards,
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
        hi guys,
        come on time to anti-up, someone take a stab at it, so I know whether to put it in the for trade or crap box,
        Regards,
        Kevin
        CRAP BOX

Comment

thanks Randy,
          for the reply, figured for the price I'd take the chance. to the crap box it goes.
          Best Regards,
          Kevin

Comment

Actually, I like it. WenRan, what don't you like about it?

Don't put it in the crap box just yet.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi Guys,
              If you need better photos of a section of the cross, let me know, my camera is not great, but I can try, I'll keep the cross in the (Maybe Box) for the time.
              Regards,
              Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin!
                Some close ups of the beading would be good & the ring attatchment.
                Definitely a strange one, i think the "experts" here (except good old Hank) are steering clear of opinions on this one cause they don't wanna call it wrong. The only 2 things that strike me is the date on the back looks pretty bad, but the rest looks ok except the edge looks slightly wrong to me, like it's not uniform in width but this may be the angle of the photo. Could you prop the cross up against something & take a photo as straight on as possible.
                Thanks, Ant.

Comment

Hi Ant.
                  here is a close up of the ring, about the best I can do. yuo can also see the close op of some of the beading.
                  Regards,
                  Kevin

Comment

Here is the cross with the bad arm lined up against a set of calipers, a little off, but not bad

Comment

here is the reverse with the date 1813, could the die have been worn?
                      Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

The date do look odd, but I believe I have seen a cross like it before that was a good one..

Some details are very good, but I have just returned to collecting awards after a bad DKiG burn.. So I'm out of practice :-)

I'll have to leave it to the real experts..

Comment

Hi Jørgen,
                          yes, I'll wait on some replies, hate to throw it in the junk both, if I don't have to, I forgot to mention it is of three piece construction, I can see the seams.
                          Thanks,
                          Kevin

Comment

that's junk box.
                            Kevin

Comment

Wenran? Wenran? Where are you......

Would still be interested in other opinions. Except for the low 1813 on the back, looks like a good cross to me.

best
                              Hank
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X