OH! Look what is lost in this mess....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH! Look what is lost in this mess....

If you go to Paris soon, visit the Moulin Museum (Mus******233;e Moulin) at Montparnasse. A lot of interesting artefacts. And what you find in this "little mess"? A German Cross in silver...rare, isn't?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by v_asseline; 02-01-2007, 10:40 PM.

Close up
    Attached Files

Comment

I would rather have the rare bevo Totenkopf collar tab.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That huge eagle would go for a pretty penny also. Plus I see a dagger and a Gordet. Those are never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
          I would rather have the rare bevo Totenkopf collar tab.

Bob Hritz

I agree, Bob! Good eye, I spotted that one too

Rob

Comment

I know a older gentleman who found one of these large government building eagles in an antique shop in Oregon. He said the guy the antigue shop owner got it from was the vet himself who brought it back from Germany during the war. He cut the wings off to pack it home in his G.I. dufflebag. Working in the shipyards later the vet welded the wings back on. It is made of aluminum.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
              I know a older gentleman who found one of these large government building eagles in an antique shop in Oregon. He said the guy the antigue shop owner got it from was the vet himself who brought it back from Germany during the war. He cut the wings off to pack it home in his G.I. dufflebag. Working in the shipyards later the vet welded the wings back on. It is made of aluminum.

Robert
              I think these eagles are more common than most people make them out to be (same goes for the various size and shape enamel Adolf-Hitler-Straße street signs.) A little networking and legwork and you can secure one easier than one might think.

Rob

Comment

The Eagle come from the Berchestgaden Banhof. All this stuff was bring back by the Leclerc Division veterans (2******232;me Division Blind******233;e).
                Last edited by v_asseline; 02-02-2007, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by v_asseline View Post
                  The Eagle come from the Berchestgaden Banhof. All this stuff was bring back bye the Leclerc Division veterans (2ème Division Blindée).

Well then, that makes this one quite rare and significant indeed! A great piece of history there. Glad to see it's being preserved AND displayed for all to enjoy.

Rob

Comment

The Gorget of the Kommandatur of Grossparis I think...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Would that have been Dietrich Von Choltitz?

Comment

How can a german cross in silver be called rare when they made 1000s of it?

Im just curious

Comment

Originally posted by xerox_ View Post
                          How can a german cross in silver be called rare when they made 1000s of it?

Im just curious
                          They call them rare because they rarely find them in my collection.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X