X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased EKII

Hi,

How rare is this type of case?
    Last edited by SiPo; 04-29-2008, 06:39 PM.

EKII Case

Note silver line around the lid.
    Last edited by SiPo; 04-29-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

EKII Cased

Contents.
      Last edited by SiPo; 04-29-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

EKII Case

The ribbon sits under the cross.
        Last edited by SiPo; 04-29-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Looks like an Imperial case to me, not very rare at all.

Allan
          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
          StoƟtruppfĆ¼hrer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Cased EKII

Hi Allan,

Please see posts 21, 26 & 29 in the following thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...shoulder+board

Always understood mine to be the same, albeit in worse condition.

Graham
            Last edited by SiPo; 02-01-2007, 09:27 AM. Reason: Additional post number (29)

Comment

Graham, did the honour clasp come with the case?

Comment

Hi Ronsel,

No. Did not have a decent box for the clasp so it has been 'resting' in this case for years. Not even sure if the clasp is real to be honest, although it doesn't compare to the fakes I have seen. The clasp is in pretty bad condition and I don't like the ribbon it is on. I have posted the clasp on a seperate thread to get opinions.

Regards

Graham

Comment

-

Why donĀ“t you post some good shots of the Ehrenblattspange here?

Comment

Honour Roll Clasp

Hi Ludwig,

Seeing as this is the crosses forum, I did not think it was appropriate to post the clasp pictures here.

Regards,

Graham

Comment

Hi guys,

Ok, this is private purchase case, let me explain what it is: the shell pattern of this case is the exact match for nothing less than an Honour Cross case, the next of kin version at that.

The liner is devoid of the inscription and signature, the fixture of the liner an exact match for these cases too; the silver lncuse line around the lid again synonymous with the black cases for the 'widows cross'.

There's nothing lowly about the shell being a common case shell at all. In fact if anyone were to take the time and observe cases, the shells are more generic than you'd think, with the 'disguise' of a different colour outer covering and inners to the beholder it's a 'different case'.

But I stress this is private purchase, the covering with catch would make one think pre war form - perhaps early war even of course. The examples we see for sale today HC wise mostly are I believe were sole distribution sets (coloured button examples) for the retail market. In the 1930's when you were issued the medal there was no case given to the recipient.

Diverging a bit there, back on track: the base however is not that of the Honour Cross and appears to have been enlarged to encompass the shape and form of the EK, from Bobs pic the ribbon underside recess is also the feature of the HC esemble.

So all we have is a retail/private purchase case for an EK making use of the incipiently intended only HC case and reformed via a encompassing a base for an EK2. If you can see any KB numbers it would interesting to see what number it was on the base the HC is a 691 code.

Rather a cheapy EK guise of case I must say for the examples I've encountered and seen, but seldom seen and a lovely example of multiple use of case shells.

The Ldo one-piece and bar set is a different in many aspects. They also bare the rectangle Ldo log, which does not place them as early as some deem in fact.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

EKII Case

Hi Marcus,

Thank you very much for the superb information. I have checked my case thoroughly but I can't find any numbers at all in the case. The bottom of the case is lined with card which cannot be lifted, as is the underneath of the removeable section which holds the cross. I wonder if Bob's cases have the same number sequence?

I do have to disagree with you on the point you made about it being a "cheapy guise of EK case". The actual case is very nicely made and in my opinion, no lesser in quality to that of any awarded case of the EKI and II variety, and certainly no where near as cheap as a paper packet!

It is a pity that Bob has not joined in this thread with pic's of the case which holds the EKII connected to Himmler, and his other one which is similar to that. I would love to see how these cases compare.

Best regards,

Graham

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X