Single Digit Maker Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Digit Maker Marks

Are single digit maker markes EK2's harder to come across than other maker marks? You don't often see as many offered for sale, like 1,2, or 3 etc. What's the deal?

Makers Marks

Hi Steve,

I find this to with these makers I never seem to see them to often, and I think that it may not necessarily be because of rarity, but perhaps due to popularity as most of the single digit maker marks are quit sought after among the community as a whole, with such names as Juncker(2) Deumer(3) Steinhauer & Luck(4) Zimmermann(6) and my personal fav Meybauer(7).

But then again I guess it always helps to where to look also

Regards

Alan

Comment

Thanks. 4 seems to be a bit easier because they seemed to be a pretty prolific maker of medals, but it does seem to be harder to find some of these in EK2's. Junker seems really sought after.

Comment

On the line of makers the L stamped ones are hard to get, L11 is not too bad but the rest are a pain.
        An there are a few like a stamped Souval(98) which can be harder than the rest.

Comment

I'm not altogether convinced - in fact I'd go as far as to say I am UNconvinced - that Juncker made a '2' marked EK2, (or EK1 for that matter.)

L/12 marked EK2's exist and are fairly rare, but can someone show me a convincing '2' that matches the L/12.... anyone...?

M.

Comment

try finding 30-39 or 5o-59. You are looking for 10 numbers out of more than 100. If you look at it in comparison to how often you see any 2 digit numbers , naturally it will be less often.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X