Double mm KVK2 - L/13 and 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double mm KVK2 - L/13 and 7

Interesting KVK I have for review. Ring marked 7 and lower arm marked L/13. Both appropriate for Paul Meybauer I believe. Have never seen one like this before. Cross appears to be early bronze version. This is something I have not come across before. Common? Unusual?

Regards,
    Stu

4 pictures to follow...
    Attached Files

2/4

2/4
    Attached Files

Comment

3/4

3/4
      Attached Files

Comment

4/4

4/4
        Attached Files

Comment

I haven't seen one marked like this before, i'll have to check all of my kvks and see if any are double marked....

Comment

Stu,

I just posted a P. Meybauer EKII recently. The '7' stamp on your ring differs from the stamp on my EKII ring. I don't know enough about the stamps to say your stamp is no good, or mine is the only stamp used by this firm. I'll do some searches. I had an L/13 EKI with a very small 'L/13' stamp on the pin that resembled yours on the cross arm. I'll try and find the photo and post it here. Here is my Beybauer EKII for comparison of the '7' stamp...

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a very small L/13 stamp on an EKI pin. See if it matches your stamp.

Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

and a closer pic of the '7'...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just to say yes there is 7 and L/13, i have a EK2 dubbel markt very rare "imo". And i will stuff that kvk long way back in the safe, or sell it to me
                    Mikael

Comment

excellent pic detail

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                      Stu,

I just posted a P. Meybauer EKII recently. The '7' stamp on your ring differs from the stamp on my EKII ring. I don't know enough about the stamps to say your stamp is no good, or mine is the only stamp used by this firm. I'll do some searches. I had an L/13 EKI with a very small 'L/13' stamp on the pin that resembled yours on the cross arm. I'll try and find the photo and post it here. Here is my Beybauer EKII for comparison of the '7' stamp...

Robert
                      Hi Robert
                      Excellent pic detail

Comment

kvk double marked

I have not run across a double marked one yet. This looks good IMO. I feel also that its quite rare.

Comment

Nice one Stu.

I don't see any problems.

The 7s look to be the same with just a little bit of the edge smeared over one way or the other to knock the burr off.

I'd certainly put that one away.

Tony
                          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X